Transfer Wishlist

Oh didnt realize they paid that much for him. Nm then that’s my bad.

Actually, that’s €40m. I don’t think Inter have managed to pay the first installment of that fee yet. Didn’t they delay it again?

Yeah I like your optimism but ain’t no one paying £40m for a 30 year old Lacazette with less than a year left on his contract :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We aren’t shy of taking such risks. We have paid big sums for players in the past, Pepe being the most recent, which was a bigger risk as he was coming from a lesser league. In that sense, Grealish isn’t a risk at all. He has been consistently good over the last couple of seasons, and getting better.

Given our position in the table in the current and the last season, anything he does will only improve us. It’s not like we finished a close second to Liverpool/City last season and are looking to get that 1 player that will help us win the league. All we are looking to do is to get back into Europe through the league.

Having said that, there is the Arteta factor. Frankly, I don’t trust him with another transfer window but we are stuck with him.

1 Like

He’s not a risk in terms of we know he will perform, the risk is not improving any other areas of the squad in order to afford him

Too many different possible scenarios which change the situation.

I want Ødegaard to be priority #1 and to do everything we can to keep him though.

I like what I see of Odegaard but I’m not as convinced as some yet that he’s the answer. By far our most positive midfielder but I’d give it till the end of the season before committing my answer on him.

2 Likes

First of all, that pot will go to paying Arteta off, getting a good manager in and making Odegaard permanent.

The rest will go to a good RB

Did I just read we get 40 mill for Lacazette and sign Hakimi for 25 mill ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

at this point i cant see us getting 40m for our whole squad let alone 1 player

1 Like

It’s all going to depend on how dire the financial situation is with Suning Group. I read that there may be another investor coming in but nothing about them selling. One big name player is going to be sold, probably not at a £15m loss though.

Here’s my wishlist attempt…

IN
Odegaard - £40m (or Season long loan if Real won’t sell)
Buendia - £30m
Aouar - £50m
Bissouma - £20m
Edouard - £20m
Hakim - £40m
Small - FREE

TOTAL - £200m

OUT
Bellerin - £25m
Chambers - £10m
Luiz - End of Contract
Ceballos - End of Loan
Elneny - £10m
Laca - £20m
Nelson - £10m
Kolasinac - £5m
Mavropanos - £5m
Torreira - £15m
AMN - £15m
Willock - £10m
Guendouzi - £15m

TOTAL - £140m
NET SPEND = £60m

Team 2021-22

Auba/Edouard/Nketiah

Saka/Martinelli…Odegaard/ESR…Buendia/Pepe

Aouar/Xhaka…Partey/Bissouma

Tierney/Small…Gabriel/Mari…Saliba/Holding…Hakim/Cedric

Leno/Ryan

lol as if we would do that in 1 window…it takes them all window to get 2 players in and 1 out these lot are jokers. Its a disgrace how a club that is a relegation fighter can get 5 players in and multiple players out and get their business done easily on time. All of this with far less resources to boot. We piss about ‘identifying targets’ because ‘we must get it right.’ Then they get someone in that is wrong anyway or they chase and chase 1 player all window then get told ‘NOT FOR SALE’ then panic and we buy crap…same every freaking window.

4 Likes

Shuffling 13 players in one window is way too ambitious for this club. It’s probably not realistic for most clubs.

Unfortunately most of the players we have are going to stay because of Arteta.

Auba? Arteta signed off on the contract.
Holding? Same.
Cedric? Ditto.
Willian? Here forever.
Xhaka? Built a team around him.
Partey? €50m probably not well spent but we all had a good chuckle at Madrid when we did it.
We’ll probably give Elneny, Luiz and Lacazette new deals as well. Why? Because Artet likes them but his defenders among supporters will always whine that he doesn’t have the players he wants.

1 Like

If you’ve got interested parties there is no reason it can’t be done. But I’d say we’ll have interest in 5 or 6 max. 6 on that list are on loan with little prospect of a return to the first team squad. Two are out of contract, one can’t get in the squad. Only two of the four left are really first teamers.

The valuations are not realistic but we need to do something drastic like this at some point.

Also we should feed Ornstein buckets of shite all summer and hype interest in players.

1 Like

Out: Auba, Lacazette, Pepe, Nketiah, Willock, AMN, Chambers/Holding, Bellerin, Torreira,

In: Lukaku, Hakimi, Buendia, Odegaard (loan), Ramsey* (loan)

*Ramsey is a just my lazy name, but someone like him who is a little younger (23-27). The ‘we are still trying to win now’ team.

TEAM B

My knowledge of young up and coming players isn’t what it once was, so I’m sure there’s others that I haven’t thought of.

Maybe change the coach if he isn’t onboard with a potential rebuild. The ‘If you want to win Football Manager, but it may take 3 seasons‘ XI.

1 Like

It really depends on how willing we are to lower our demands. We can easily loan out everyone and barely get any funds in. It’s hard to move out players now for considerable fees. Could have been possible before COVID.

Roma went through a similar process some years ago. They were shifting players in/out like crazy. It of course still involved a bunch of loans too.

1 Like

People are really generous with what we can get back for players :eyes:

5 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

Bring Cantwell and Buendia at the carpet, I beg.
The stuff they do in the Championship should be illegal.