Transfer Wishlist

Yeah, I remember they wanted him to potentially replace Edouard.

1 Like

Must resistā€¦nah, I canā€™t.
Would absolutely love Varane here.

1 Like

My dude, we signed the next Varane and then forgot to register him.

Signed him and treated Mustafi 100x better.

These clowns manā€¦

Saliba got nothing on Varane.
Varaneā€™s the best CB of his generation.

Maybe but heā€™d come here and Arteta would make him look like Squilacci.

Arteta has turned Holding back into an actual PL defender, has managed to keep two donkeys in Luiz and Mustafi in check more than anyone has before and somehow turned Kola who couldnā€™t even play LB a half decent LCB.

His problems are offensively.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve known about toney since he was a youngster at newcastle

1 Like

Grealish or Watkins, or both with a top manager like Rodgers.
We need and deserve all three because a club like us shouldnā€™t be dragging our heels in mid table with the likes of Arteta, Willian and Lacazette.

A couple of very good attacking players and a top manager should be the bare minimum so it isnā€™t too much to ask of an owner, who described us as a ā€œtop European club that will compete with the best in Europe,ā€ to sort it out.

Youā€™re just inventing things to give him credit now. Luiz is a storied and successful defender absolutely nothing of that has anything to do with Arteta who, if anything, hasnā€™t actually gotten the best out of him.

Mustafi remained an abomination, Holding is at the same level heā€™s always been (which is not good enough) and Kola had like two solid games at LCB before he started to get exposed.

I think itā€™s the other way around.

Emi Buendia and Ivan Toney please.

2 Likes

If we can generate enough funds through sales, Iā€™d rather just push our chips into the middle of the table and buy Grealish, who would not only absolutely transform our attack (imagine him cutting in from the left with Tierney overlapping, Saka playing from the right, weā€™d just be deadly on both wings for the next 4-5 years) but also likely become our captain within the year and give us some Fuck You swagger back that we desperately need as a club. Iā€™m not actually sure any other big club will be in for him for various reasons so we could have a relatively free run.

Grealish for 70-80m >>> Buendia for 35m + a couple random punts.

Unlikely to happen for all sorts of reasons but a man can dream.

3 Likes

I believe the blocking point would be Villa. I think we can convince Grealish to come here. Heā€™ll probably get a fat contract out of it too.
I can see Villa give us the Palace treatment with Zaha. Probably gonna ask for some absurd fee which will price us out.

You guys really are smoked out af if you think we are getting Grealish :joy::joy: tell me the last time we spent big money on a top young English talent? It doesnā€™t happen, sure we got an unproven Pepe from the farmers league for double what he was actual worth, and we spent a lot of money, but the player profiles are very different. Smart move woulda been buying Grealish when Villa were relegated thats about the only time we could have landed a player like that. United, City, Chelsea, or lolpool will be all over him, why would he want to join an 11th placed club?? Lmaoooooo :joy::joy:

This brings me to Emi Buendia, now is the time to buy him, or last summer probably, if we wait too much longer our window of opportunity will be gone and heā€™ll cost 50m and be out of our reach, like I said we already fucked up by not going for him this last summer. But Iā€™m really not surprised at what fans seem to think this club are capable of, the board members have some pretty massive delusions of grandeur as well, fans and board alike dunno their place in the hierarchy of football apparently.

1 Like

And it fucks me off that we sold them Martinez on the relative cheap.

We havenā€™t even made a bid for Grealish yet, or even been rebuffed by them, but I want Villa deservedly relegated for this hypothetical outcome.

He could definitely become the next Zaha if they start asking for 100m or something crazy like that. I think its possible that they negotiated some kind of agreement - not a formal release clause, but a number that they would let him leave at - when he signed his contract extension. Something in the 70-80m range seems within the range of possibility, especially given the Covid situation.

Everything is so uncertain with the pandemic and football finances right now but it seems unlikely to me that he spends his whole prime at a club like Aston Villa. But Iā€™m not really sure who else buys him anytime soon. He plays on the center and left. United have Bruno and Rashford, City and Chelsea have a million players in those positions, he doesnā€™t really fit the Liverpool system unless Klopp makes a big change, Levy wouldnā€™t pay 35m for him a few years ago and isnā€™t going to turn around and buy him for more than double that now. So that leaves us. I donā€™t think its likely by any means (especially given the high chance we wonā€™t have European football next year) but its possible.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m all about smart buys this summer like Tierney and Gabriel. Weā€™ve been boasting about our scouting system for years and apparently the layoffs were done so that we can utilize stats better and improve our ability to identify players.

If reports are to be believed, weā€™ve been following Buendia for a while. Have to pull the trigger now.

1 Like

Smart buys are great but if Norwich want 35-40m for Buendia Iā€™m not sure that really qualifies anymore. That is a ton of money for a guy that played one year in top flight football for a bad team and it was a mix of some bad, some good.

Yes, 35m to 40m is far too much for a lower league player.

Iā€™m trying to think if anyone has ever been signed for that much from the Championship, in factā€¦

1 Like