Transfer Wishlist

C’mon, another player man?

He defends well considering he’s asked to be such a force going forward, he’s no TAA on defence. Contributes plenty on both sides, averaging 1.7 tackles per 90, 1.9 interceptions per 90 and he’s quite difficult to beat as well as he’s dribbled past 0.7 times per 90.

Would love him here.

@Phoebica: he poops all over him.

I can’t ever rate a full back who can’t defend no matter what. The kid is a useless defender and no matter how good he is going forward when you don’t know how to hold your own at the back you’ll struggle at the highest level.

TAA has struggled in many European games because be can’t defend to the point where Klopp often favoured Gomez at RB over him in games where he was likely to be exposed.

I think if we harbour ambitions of being a top team again we need to avoid signing players with such glaring weaknesses in their games.

4 Likes

Fully agree with this.

We should be signing first team players only who then demote the shite we currently have to the bench. Or better yet, displace the bastards out of the squad altogether.

Our roster is full of of players who would just about be squad players at other CL clubs. That’s the whole issue. Buying competition for Emile Smith Rowe ain’t the answer. Buying somebody who benches the shit out of ESR and forces him to up his game is the answer for us. We ain’t going anywhere if we try to rebuild in a kind, organic way.

6 Likes

Who says Lamptey can’t defend no matter what though? He isn’t a useless defender at all which I’ve already disproved.

Like I said he’s no TAA, what are you basing your assertion that Lamptey is useless in defence? He’s young and a bit naive but he CAN defend.

I’d much rather have somoene like Lamptey rather than AWB who offers almost nothig going forward, Lamptey can grow defensively and does a fairly good job already. What kind of FB’s do you think we’re going to sign being realistic and knowing modern fullbacks are different nowadays.

And there is nothing wrong with the depth ESR and his ilk offer us.

Why would you want to bring somebody to compete with him?

It’s dumb. Basically what this stupid club did with Cedric.

Azeez is on the cusp and will provide decent enough depth at CM as well.

You need to get good players they can actually learn from.

I’d love a transfer window of Bissouma and Buendia. Really feels like that would go a massive way to making us a balanced team.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think that any transfers, either in or out are going to make any difference.
We need to get rid of the manager first, then try to sort out the team…

2 Likes

Having a very good season at Reading. Homegrown, 19 years old and rumoured to have an £8M release clause.

4 Likes

Just learned that Cantwell’s contract is expiring next summer. :eyes:
Gotta go for it now and lowball Norwich.

Cantwell is a good player but also the perfect signing to solidify our mediocrity status tbh.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder that we’re Arsenal. We get the flagship signing here and there but we simply can’t spend like City or Chelsea.
He’s a low risk move. He doesn’t cut it you can easily move him, probably even make a profit.

We don’t need to spend like City or Chelsea. We already have a back up type player in Smith Rowe for that position. We need a projected starter. Adding Cantwell is just a waste of wages.

3 Likes

If they’re actually looking to get a backup LB then Ryan Bertrand will be a free agent in June.
Give him an 18 month deal.

:eyes:

1 Like

We need another right footed CB, but can’t see we would be successful in landing him this summer.

We should get that right footed CB for Nice, heard he’s a great talent and had another great game yesterday.

2 Likes

Upamecano is the CB that we need!

2 Likes

He doesn’t play for Nice
Will be too expensive
Not right footed

Upamecano is a right footed CB and has a release clause of around £38m. We spent £30m on Gabriel in the summer and with both of them we would have two of the best young CBs in the Europe. £38m is more than possible for us to afford in the summer. Mari, Holding and Saliba would provide excellent alternative options.

1 Like

Same Upemecano getting constantly exposed in the CL?

3 Likes