The State of The Arsenal

Dont think the standard will be better just dont have confidence this was a real run. Couldn’t compete on any front but the PL which looked to be by design. Couldn’t close it out and reverted back to playing bad football anyhow. Kind of a wasted season cuz I dont think we will kick on from here this is probably the absolute ceiling.

:joy:

First time we’ve competed for the EPL until late in the season for 15 years, 1 more win gets us our highest points tally in 19 years. I’ll keep the faith for now.

1 Like

Moral victories. Do we get trophies for that?

Nah but as a fan watching all hours in the middle of the night, I had my most enjoyable season following in nearly 2 decades. So for me personally that means a bit.

7 Likes

Disappears during Chelsea and Newcastle then comes back after Brighton.

Just what are the chances eh…

8 Likes

The difference between us and Man City is that because of injuries we often start games with players like Nketiah, Vieira, Lokonga, Holding, Nelson, etc, who wouldn’t even get on the bench for them.

When first team players like Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Jesus, Saliba, Partey, White, Gabriel, etc, lose form or are fatigued they just have to keep playing while Man City rotate world class players.

They often have Foden, Grealish, Alvarez, Gundagon, Bernado and others on their bench, who would walk into our first team, which means they’re players are always fresh because they don’t get as many injuries despite Guardiola moaning about their fixture list.

This is why they have a good finish to nearly every season because all the other clubs have injuries with tired players and they don’t.

1 Like

I think it’s funny that someone can come back to the forum virtually every time we have a bad result and disappear when the results are good and still think people will believe he’s not here on a wind up.

11 Likes

Yeah @BigWeng_4LYFE you played this wrong. Would have worked better if you participated as well when things were going well.

Now I just ignore your writings as it’s drenched in wind-up.

Maybe a nice new user tag line: resident wind-up merchant

3 Likes

Obviously his real life experiences over the past hasn’t made him grown up yet.

If we seriously spend this summer, and get rid of some of deadwood and bring in some money to add to transfer funds. I do think this side can compete on all fronts and at very least win some trophies and get CL football most seasons.

I don’t know about winning the PL, that’s going to be tough not just with City but Newcastle spending the cash, Liverpool fix their issues in midfield, Chelsea with a new manager and more money spend and Utd too. I think bringing in only two players no matter how much you spend on them just isn’t going to fill me with confidence on getting top 4 no matter winning the PL.

Wait until the transfer window shuts before I can say with any confidence I can believe this side can win a PL title.

2 Likes

Said this in another thread but it’s probably more suited here.

We’re in an amazing position to build this squad to a level where we can keep the squad fresh enough for a full season. It would be a crime for the Kroenke’s to squander this opportunity in the summer.

Liverpool, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea will all go full pelt to make big moves in the summer and we have to be up there with all of them with bolstering the quality and depth of this side.

2 Likes

One game in particular pisses me off was the one against Southampton. We had to fight tooth and nail to draw 3-3 to them, who are placed 20th.

2 Likes

BigWankStain_4Lyfe

I agree.
To throw away points and let in three goals against the worst team in the PL was the low point of our season.

Throwing away a two goal lead against Liverpool was poor but at least they are a decent team and although we did the same against West Ham, which wasn’t great, the Southampton game was inexcusable.

2 Likes

Everything after Liverpool away game pissed me off. We just bottled it sadly, couldn’t handle the pressure and I hate saying that but we have to be honest.

I think Southampton away was annoying as well. Also Everton away also hurt, I just didn’t think we turned up that day at all.

4 Likes

@Trion really took our fall bad didn’t he lads. Been missing for a few games now.

1 Like

Was it against Southampton or City we last seen him?

He’s been online lately he’s still alive

Hi Everyone,
I previously posted on here about my thesis but I am still in need of more participants. If anyone is interested it would be hugely appreciated if you could fill out the two links below. Should take no longer than 5 minutes.

2 Likes