The State of The Arsenal

When’s the match day thread going up so we can all cope?

It doesn’t have to be Arteta or the players at fault, it can be both.

Our attacking XG has fallen steadily for three years, the trend started before Arteta. And when you look at the names and ages of the attacking players, it shouldn’t really be a surprise. We had legitimate world class players in their prime in Ozil and Alexis. Plus Ramsey who had many shortcomings but whose attacking game as a central midfield player was pretty elite. Now we have post-prime guys, busts like Pepe, and kids.

Arteta’s tactics are crap but we are also paying the price for our terrible recruitment in attack over the last five years, which has focused on older short term fixes who then quickly age out of their primes (Auba, Laca) or are already there (Willian) and missed big the one time we bought a player in the right age bracket (Pepe).

Another manager might improve us but nobody is going to come in and turn us into a good attacking team overnight unless the players change as well.

1 Like

Scarily accurate.

This is not what I was trying to say here, at all. My point is that this is a squad that should and can come in at 5th or 6th (regardless if they are good going forward). Therefore Arteta is underperforming. You don’t think they can?

I don’t know. I think both Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Spurs, and Liverpool are clearly ahead of us. Everton and Leicester also have real arguments. So I’d say our talent level is maybe 6th to 8th?

1 Like

Its already up mate, but if you only click on “unread” you won’t see it, you need to hit “latest” to see the true list of most recently commented on threads :+1:

Edit: didn’t intend to link to that specific post, but I guess it does the intended job regardless

1 Like

Damn, just one creative/technical player in the number 10 position (or 8) would make such a massive massive difference for this team, with all the runners and pacy players around.

2 Likes

Ornstein been waiting for an Arsenal win so he could finally publish this

2 Likes

Says fuck all really.

4 Likes

Thats the same edu article from this morning lol it’s not new

1 Like

Youth develops if they only play Mr. Ornstein.

2 Likes

You think we are safe from relegation now?

10 points clear of WBA now :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Couple more results and we will be hopefully.

Potter will slap us as usual though so maybe see what we can get next few games.

“Others replaced via expiring deals”

Ahh now it makes sense, we are gonna be able to compete in 3 years when Willain comes off the books :joy::joy: bruh they really think Arsenal supporters are stupid :crazy_face::crazy_face:

6 Likes

Kia is good at moving his clients on. Look at Chelsea.

Willian won’t be here the full three years imo

Or will Kia stick the knife in by leaving Willian here?

Dream scenario is Tim Lewis calls Kia and says that the club won’t register Willian for the second half of the season and really all Willian cares about is Copa America (cause he obviously doesn’t give a shit about Arsenal). Could be a way to force an exit.

2 Likes

It’s basically your fault Willian is shit. You gave up your agenda after 60 mins of a decent performance and since then he has known the pressure was off.

How you going to fix it? :laca:

2 Likes

Get me an undisclosed site, a roll of duct tape, a chair, some speakers playing Baby Shark on repeat and 48 hours. He’ll be begging to leave.

But in all seriousness, I think leveraging the Copa is the only move. Arteta has an easy win to dump him because he’s been awful.

2 Likes

Up into fourth. Not so bad

11 Likes