Scottish Politics

Nice post, fair points @will24 however, surely the French are our boys, from historic times? Through nothing else but a shared hatred of England Lol. I mean our queens always married their kings.

I know at least the Belgians and Germans are up for having us.

1 Like

Would Scotland need to join the Euro?

I know around the last election the SNP were talking about a currency union with the UK but if the UK is out and Scotland is in, a currency union with the EU surely makes more sense?

I think the disaster of joining the Euro is a bit overhyped in the UK anyway.

You say that but economically speaking I don’t see how anything positive is lined up for Western European countries (U.K. Included. Long term think we are far less competitively set up compared to other parts of the world and our huge debt will catch us on our arse. Think we are walking a tight rope tbh.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of the Euro. It’s destroyed any growth that was made by the peripheral countries. It could potentially work, but big changes are needed to it. The changes post 2010 have just been much more of the same.

Very glad that we kept the Sterling.

Scotland’s entry into the EU if they go independent is not in question, which makes the SNP’s insistence on a referendum before Brexit a needless piece of posturing. Instead, both they and the EU want to collude to fuck the rest of the UK over, and make sure we suffer as much from Brexit as possible.

Putting a referendum off until after Brexit is a completey fair compromise that prevents the SNP and the EU working together to make sure the UK pays for leaving. If the SNP somehow forces the issue I would, even as a left wing remain voter want to see us take some action in retribution. For example I would totally support EU trade with Scotland being barred from travelling through England by road, or heavy tolls imposed and likewise for anything travelling through our airspace or water. I’m sure that would have consequences for us, but equally I really take exception to the SNP trying to take advantage of a delicate situation affecting everyone’s lives like this. If they force the issue they can at least share in the misery.

After Brexit, fine, they can have whatever vote they like. I certainly couldn’t give a fuck if they leave in the long run, in fact it might help unseat the Tories.

1 Like

SNP conference is coming up, I hope activists give these leaders’ heads a wobble.

Stop futilely trying to save the English from a Brexit they voted for ffs. Because you can’t and you’re gimping your goal.

Imma write to my MP ffs

HERE WE HERE WE HERE WE FUCKING GO :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Teresa May responds: “nah”.

Also I’m changing the thread title. OCD triggered!

2 Likes

Yeah exactly, the SNP have put themselves in a position where Theresa May can just patch them.

Got fuck all to do with her. Its gonna happen in 2021 due to England taking us out of the EU. You can leave if you want lads but you aren’t taking us with you

You don’t know how the union works it’s seems.

And then she can spend 5 years trying to prevent a no deal Skexit because they also don’t have a plan.

1 Like

If Scottish first minister wants it the Prime Minister can’t turn it down. If she does Sturgeon won’t take it because she’s the best leader in the UK

I’m pretty sure she can.

Well she’s been banging on about it since about 5 minutes after the Brexit result was announced so why hasn’t it happened?

Your speaking like you don’t want it to happen haha. I thought you would be behind Scotland tbh

No I think if Scotland go that route that’s great for them, in or out makes little difference to me. But I’m certainly a general fan of Independence and the EU also.

I just think Sturgeon is a really cynical politician and this latest statement is nothing more than a “vote for us in the upcoming election” volley. I basically just have no time for her.

1 Like

Fair enough that’s your opinion. :slight_smile: for me she is the best one of the lot.

I agree with this. :rofl:

1 Like

She’s kinda fucked it imo, she could stand to be a little more cynical.

Too naive in thinking Theresa May isn’t going to be a cunt, when she is one, and everything she has done to this point indicates she is one.

I hope not, but I’m worried.