Scum

who feels that Conte will not stay past the 18 months, he seems fed up already…i reckon he will leave and maybe even go to a rival like manu.

With his latest comments, I could see him lining up to jump ship to Manure in the summer…No way he is sticking around unless he gets massive investment, which Spuds cannot afford

1 Like

Never heard of this trophy

3 Likes

Well this is depressing fucking reading.

He’s probably looking at that squad and seeing players who Spuds have spent 60m+ on like Lo Celso and perhaps even Ndombele who do not fit his long term vision and he knows it is going to take time and effort to sell, buy, and bed in replacements. It all depends on cooperation of Levy also, and I don’t really understand their finances with the new stadium. I do think he is more predisposed to sticking it out unlike Mourinho though. He seems to be quite conscious about building a body of work like a resume, where every step is seen as meaningful and successful.

1 Like

What’s that old saying: It’s hard to soar like an eagle when you’re surrounded by turkeys.

1 Like

Who said it was a trophy?
What I do know is that we are in a mess and persist with a poor manager, while spurs are in a mess and do the best they can by getting a proven top manager to try and sort it out.

We’re mocking a team that has finished above us for the last few seasons and are likely to again this season and the facts are there for all to see.

They are not only better on the pitch, they are beating us with revenue as well.

1 Like

I am simply refusing to cry over Spurs until they do something meaningful

7 Likes

Last season we were a total mess but finished just below them in the table. Looks like we’ve had a good summer while theirs was continuall turmoil. That’s where the optimism comes from, but we will see.

But how true is this?
We’re only a point ahead of them and we still have the same manager that has got us two eighth place finishes in the PL, while they have the manager we should have had.

1 Like

We’ll see what overrides more with squad and managers for the two clubs. Our squad is now seen as ahead of theirs.

Yeah but they didn’t have a manager for like 3/4 months and we’re an even more of a mess than us yet still finished above us.

I agree with @InvincibleDB10 opinions, spurs are shit but they know they are shit and actively try to do something about it. Wether they succeed or not at least they try. We are also shit, been shit for a while but we don’t think we are, we get on like we’re still a big club and don’t do anything to change our free fall into mid table mediocrity, league finishes over the last five years and how we do commercially all point to us not only not being a big club anymore but a firm higher mid table club, and if the trend continues then the spuds will be a bigger team than us in the here and now (not historically) and the immediate future. Doesn’t matter what we won 20 years ago, that’s gone and doesn’t mean fuck all for now.

2 Likes

7 Likes

A lot of this is agreeable. I would also point out Arsenal fans like to take the mick out of United often, so it is just for chuckles and banter more than anything else.

Will point out that we were the biggest spenders this summer, though still not as much as I wanted. It’s actually the case that our fear of big turnover with managers no longer matches our position in the spending leagues, when it comes to accountability and ruthlessness. Then again, I identify with certain values of this club so will admit I am resistant to going down the Abramovich, or Levy, routes.

2 Likes

Wonder if we would of been like this when Henry Norris made us a big club.

Yeah totally agree with you bro, only thing is it wouldn’t be the same as Arteta has proved over two years that he is wholly incompetent manager. If he needs 11 new players to play a certain way (which even now after 2 years isn’t clear to anyone what that is) then he ain’t right for us. Good managers make the most of what they have and get the best out of what they have, we all gawked at the idea of Vieira taking over here but look at how palace a bottom of the table squad are performing this season.
Vieiras got them playing his way in 2 months and they go and fight for every game, if they wasn’t so unlucky they could be a lot higher in the table. Arteta should of been sacked at the end of last season especially after the manner in which we got eliminated from the Europa league.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Even the more conservative fans such as TomGooner (GoonerTalk) said there were no excuses left to keep Arteta after the loss to Villareal, with selection and tactical debacles that were characteristic of Arteta based on the two months prior.

Some fans were appeased by being gullible with hints of mega spend by the likes of AFCBell over the summer. That was just divide and conquer tactics after the ESL debacle (Kroenke’s) and won’t be forgotten. To match those narratives we should have seen 200-250m spend, not whatever we did with money coming in from Willock also.

They had six PL game left when they sacked him and won 4 of them and lost the other two.

Still find it so strange how you get cunts like Jamie O’Hara talking with this kind of tone about Spurs. Like they ought to be doing so much better. These cunts have won 1 League Cup in 20+ years but try to act like a bona fide big club. Just nah.

Secondly, I don’t even get this randomers connection to Spurs. Played about 50 games for them about 15 years ago, yet he acts like he’s some kind of club mouthpiece. Well, it says a lot about how shite Spurs are that he’s the best they can do.

2 Likes