Scum

We almost signed him…

So Tomiyasu is better than him?

1 Like

Tomiyasu is better than everyone

2 Likes

I’d never seen him play and if I did I never laid him any attention. I read the Barcelona forum and they all said he was awful so I was kind of glad we skipped over him. Tomiyasu is as solid a defender as we could have asked for and honestly I’m so happy we didn’t sign a super attacking right back when we’ve already got a left back that bombs down the wing and overlaps.

We needed a good defensive right back and we got one. Emerson doesn’t really seem to have the profile of player that would have shored uo the defence.

5 Likes

2 Likes

More defensive football won’t fly for long in the spurs fanbase. Especially if they aren’t winning.

2 Likes

Interesting, I think I side with Paratici on this one.

What does defensive football do for them?

Nuno is looking like Jose 2.0 ,it’ll be fun to watch it crash and burn again but why is that agreeable apart from wanting them to stay shit lol

3 Likes

Requiring an attack minded or defensive minded coach just seems like a director blagging their job.

You need a good quality coach and good recruitment and good infrastructure full stop. Coaches come in different flavours but all in all the top coaches at the game are known for not being complete shit and getting their clubs to places.

If this requirement got them Nuno then good luck lol. Man is midtable to all almighty.

4 Likes

It’s not so much defensive football in it’s self.

It’s more about senior decision makers acting in accordance with a clear set of ideals keeping a long term plan in mind. I like the commitment to a project and a specific way of playing, I feel it makes it easier to fill in the gaps to progress a club in a positive way.

I like that Paratici was very clear to the coach what style he wants. It’s the sort of thing I expect a DOF to implement effectively so everybody at the club is on the same page and there continuity if a HC leaves.

I don’t rate Nuno at all but I sort of understand the logic.

Spurs didn’t play defensive, shit football under Mourinho just because he is Jose Mourinho, they played defensive shit football because they didn’t have the players to do anything other than get behind the ball and hope to spring Kane and Son on counters.

We talk a lot about not having enough creative and technical players in the side. But who are the creative and technical players at Spurs? They don’t have any particularly good ball playing CBs or deep lying midfielders. The only 8/10 type players they have with an ounce of creativity and technique also have huge liabilities like N’Dombele (possibly worst engine on a CM in the PL, never capable of going 90 minutes) or Lo Celso (can’t stay healthy, zero end product). And none of their wingers except maybe Gil are really creative playmakers either.

That’s no way to live but you can’t just turn it around in one summer, especially without major, major investment in the squad. And if Levy isn’t willing to make that investment, or he doesn’t have the balls to sell Kane and generate the funds to make the investment, then its fairly suicidal to ask an offensive-minded manager to coach that set of players. If they try to dominate the ball, all they’re going to do is repeatedly lose it in bad positions and get smashed.

3 Likes

I get the logic in that but it’s a long project and one I couldn’t see being successful in this League.

Hows that defensive football Paratici? Mug.

1 Like

spursy

7 Likes

Didn’t take long.

1 Like

Harry Kane looked Andy Carrolesque today. To think he was valued at 150m a couple of months ago.

4 Likes

You were right on this one @Darkseid

3 Likes

They were so unprepared and shite for this match that it was a little surprising even by their standards of coming to the Emirates and always bottling it. I do think it’s funny how everyone is killing Nuno already though and ignoring the fact that they basically have the same squad as last season minus their best player who couldn’t give two fucks about them anymore and is clearly mentally gone. Not the easiest job there atm

1 Like

@Stroller you’ve been calling for this Kane drop of form if he didn’t get his move. Looks like shadow of himself.

1 Like