Scum

The difference between them and us is that they have a board that acts with urgency.
They’ve sacked two managers better than ours who were both higher in the league than us.
What do we do with the worst manager in the PL?
Absolutely nothing.

They might make poor decisions but at least the spurs board are pro active, ambitious and don’t tolerate mediocrity.

Our complacency and lack of urgency is what got us into this mess and, as long as that carries on, then mediocrity will continue rule.

1 Like

I generally lean towards giving managers time and the benefit of any doubt BUT the process/logic used to hire the manager has to be sound and rational. The Arteta appointment was none of those things

5 Likes

There is also a big difference between the content of our trophy cabinets.

3 Likes

Looking at the last decade or so what I can see is this;

We’ve made 2 league cup finals, won 4 FA Cup titles, made the Europa League final once and largely managed to finish in the PL top 4.

All of the above was accomplished during a down period in our clubs recent history. Whilst spurs are supposed to have assembled their best ever squad, with one of the greatest ever managers and they’ve got 0 to show for it but a fluke CL final and a league cup final.

3 Likes

I’m not arguing that we have won more trophies but if you look at what they did, after moving to a new stadium, and compare that to what we did, there is a clear difference.

The hiring of Arteta and then persisting with him, would not have happened at spurs.
My point is, their board act with urgency, speed and ambition, while we are slow and complacent.

I’ve just looked at the odds for the next spurs manager.
If you take out Ten Hag then it is:

Rodgers 11/4
Santo 3/1
Parker 6/1
Potter 7/1
Sarri 10/1

Please don’t get Rodgers.

Surprised Bielsa doesn’t have short odds considering his contract

I just had another look, and Bielsa is way down the list.
I’m not sure why that is.
It could be his lack of speaking English but he’s certainly a top manager.

1 Like

Please do. I do. I even said you could.

But I bet they are laughing at us as well.

Ralf Rangnick…I bloody hope not.

Rangnick seems like a much better choice for DoF than for manager.

I know Rangnick is widely respected as a talent spotter, tactician, and mentor to younger managers. But he has only actively managed a club for two years out of the last ten, he has never managed outside of Germany, he has never managed superstar players with really big egos, he is older than Carlo Ancelotti, he has been managing for 35 years and won only one real trophy during that time, etc. There are a lot of reasons to wonder whether he’d be a success in England at this stage in his career.

2 Likes

The rumor was when RR was linked to Milan that he wanted to have both roles. Idk how true that was or if it’s something he’d insist on having Levy do if he joined Spurs.

Still think it’s a good hire for them. Shows at least the willingness to build towards something.

1 Like

This is the kind of man we should be chasing to work in some kind of technical director or consultancy role.

3 Likes

We are getting close to the big 5k lads :fire::fire:

Is it even mathematically possible for them to win a trophy before 5,000?

Next years league cup I think

Wait no I can’t add up

Nope.

Get the date booked everyone :partying_face::tada:

4 Likes

12 Likes

Yup, you sometimes take the wrong turn in life.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: