Scum

It becomes your social circle and something you’ve physical being apart of that defines you to a degree

Not everyone can be number 1 and Keane is a proper dick shitting on their modest achievements but it is funny at the same time. Also under Poch they were in no way soft, they were a gritty snide team that overperformed that weren’t good enough to win titles or the CL. I really believe Poch didn’t bother with the minor cups either.

1 Like

Lineker is a weird one. Turns on his smarmy Spurs ties when it suits him and switches it with his hometown Leicester ones whenever it suits him.

I know what a title race looks like and spurs under poch weren’t even close to one. People want to feel worse about us by bigging them up but the reality is they have achieved absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

It’s funny because I just associate England as his identity side.
He was good at Leicester though with Smith.

1 Like

From where I’m standing, it looks like you wanna feel better about Arsenal by shitting on Spurs. Which is something I can live with.

However, it’s clear Spurs challenged without actually winning the league, like Newcastle used to.

Was that 83/84? 2nd division?

The only thing that can make feel better about Arsenal is Arsenal doing better so nope.

And they weren’t in one. :+1:

They were. Bye

And top flight season after.

1 Like

Nah, they weren’t.

They were

Exactly. Media have made much more of their chances by advertising their matches as title deciders to draw viewers in and using them as an example to profit off slandering Arsenal.

They never challenged for a title.
As Kyle Walker once said, they were there to put the pressure on.

4 Likes

And it’s arguable as to whether they even did that. Who was feeling this pressure exactly? :grin:

1 Like

You could tell Linekar was loving Leicester winning the title though. I can’t really remember him talking about Spurs or Barce much. He seems to talk most about his England days and England teammates. I suppose that’s was the pinacle of his career

2 Likes

Definitely.

Had Spurs won in 2016, though, I’d imagine he’d have been wearing a sneaky smile and lauding it up, too.

Ashley Cole is an example of one who has severed ties with an old club. Seems to have no allegiance to Arsenal post-playing. It’s all Chelsea.

Frank Stapleton calls himself half Arsenal half United.

I suppose most of his achievements and mates would be at Chelsea and he’ll be a legend here. I remember when he was a winger. Really lucky to have our defenders coaching him.

Some players won’t really have a tie with any club. Like Anelka. I think RVP tried to repair his Arsenal relationship but no one really accepted it and he knows he isn’t a United legend. Where as Rocastle gets legendary treatment by fans

If you think about it Linekar being a Leicester fan makes more sense as it’s his boyhood club and he was there for 7 seasons

1 Like

Spurs were title challenging until they’re weren’t. Like how Mourinho was top of the table for a brief period and they’re not.

Poch’s real accomplishment is dragging a team with no real pedigree to a CL Final. Anyone losing the title to Leicester should be embarrassed.

1 Like

Yeah, plus Cole hates Arsenal. We left him “trembling with anger” and made him almost crash his car remember because we disrespected him by “only” offering him £60k a week.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it that we offered 55k a week and he wanted 60k? That makes his faux “anger” all the more amusing.

1 Like

Yea it is ridiculous but we should of just offered it and locked him down

3 Likes