Scum

It’s fast becoming a myth that Spurs were ever going to decline because of the stadium and their pay structure.

They’ve held onto their manager, their best players and now they’re adding one of Europe’s most coveted midfielders to the team.

6 Likes

That’s what 11 years of having Stan Kroenke on your board of directors will do for you!

1 Like

I want to like cos it’s a good post, but that makes for such grim reading.

Esp compared to our post-stadium management.

Wenger, Gazidis and the board have blood on their hands, for different reasons.

Hate to tell u this, but even if we’d made champions league our management has never been smart enough to go out and make a signing like this, like ever.

3 Likes

Doesn’t really take much intelligence to pursue one of the most highly rated youngsters around.

1 Like

You cant sustain not spending though… we have outspent them by over 200 net in last 7 years… we’ll see over next 4-5 years.

Spurs will spend and they’ll spend diligently too. They’re here to stay as one of the big 6 in the PL and results have shown over the last half decade that they’re as consistent as anyone outside of Manchester City.

1 Like

Big 6 yes, but not necessarily 4. The drop after top 6 is still pretty big.

1 Like

We’ve just bought duds over the last few years bar Auba and Laca !?

1 Like

Wait a minute they spent nothing last summer and performed their worse league campaign for years. They’re losing Eriksen and Alderwereld in the next 12 months and Vertonghen is 32 already.

Ndombele looks a top prospect but so did Tolisso, Lemar, Bakayoko and Mvila in Ligue 1 and they haven’t quite made the transition.

Also yea they won’t drop out of the top 6 but if they drop out of the top 4 it hurts them

1 Like

Had a guy on twitter tell me that Tottenham are gonna run English football after their Ndombele signing lululul, is this a thing are the scum really this deluded? Lucky cup run where they won less than half their matches, a no show in the final, zero silverware again. 28 points off the league leaders, 27 points off 2nd place, bottled 3rd to Chelsea, and finished 1 point ahead of the most uninspiring, lifeless, devoid of talent Arsenal side I’ve seen in my time watching the sport. I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Usual delusion, however, from this season onwards they may be in a position in which they can sign a single big player every season.

That’s how you build a team to challenge without significant investment especially with continued participation in the CL and selling off assets well.

And yeah Spurs tailed off in the league but to keep it real they have a smallish squad and went all the way to the final in the CL, playing two competitions can have that effect just like Liverpool in 17/18.

4 Likes

This is all happening because Emery couldn’t beat Brighton at home

9 Likes

Aulas :fire:

13 Likes

MY PRESIDENT :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Fuck yes United jump in there and take him, or someone…ANYONE??

Can we buy Aulas?

2 Likes

Seriously, badly need a guy like this to offload our shitters

2 Likes

Breaking | Tottenham & Lyon have completed an agreement for the transfer of Tanguy Ndombele - an initial €62m + a potential €10m in bonuses. More follows. (L'Éq)

— Get French Football News (@GFFN) June 30, 2019

lol

2 Likes