The Relationship/Wedding Thread

Wow that’s crazy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Presume you knew her from before the date though?

1 Like

I had met her a couple of times, but didn’t know her at all.
I just knew, I was also engaged to someone else at the time, but I knew this was the girl for me…

2 Likes

Wait. Let me get this straight. She agreed to go on a date with someone who was engaged and also agreed to marry him on the same date? Haha, you both were massive, walking red flags, kudos to both of you for making this work :smiley:

9 Likes

I didn’t tell her I was engaged…That little nugget of information only came out a few weeks later!
And, in fairness she actually said no on the night…But i just kept asking her, and she agreed about 4-5 days later… :girl:

4 Likes

Yeah the followup information doesn’t make it any less wrong. haha

2 Likes

You know you’re properly married when you join in conversations with all the other married men and you all bond over the same issues :rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Not saying it makes it right, but we were also both very young. I was just 25, and my wife was only just 18…

2 Likes

Nah you were right @JohnnyH, your older than us so you know better. But if you want something in life you have to go for it and look 33 years later it was the right thing to do. “He who dares” is facts for anyone brave enough to live like that.

1 Like

100% right mate.
It was a massive risk, we hardly knew each other, we were both kids, but hey, as you say, 33 years later, I love her more than ever, we have two wonderful kids, and have a great life… I would do exactly the same, all over again!

5 Likes

Surely you wouldn’t get engaged with the first woman to begin with :grimacing:

All jokes aside, I am jealous of you :slight_smile:

I’m not going to get married I like my money and freedom :rofl:

I have more money and freedom right now, than I would have done if I stayed single…My missus was great with money, and ensured that we have savings in the bank, something that I NEVER could have managed on my own, and also, our relationship is SO good, that I can do what I want, when I want…Love it…All thanks to finding the perfect wife…

4 Likes

Preach bro, I’m the same used to spend it as soon as I got it, now I too have savings.

Happy for you JH long may it continue mate :beers:

6 Likes

Sometimes you just know, right?

On my first date with Meredith we looked at each other and were like “This feels really familiar. Have we done this before?” Makes you wonder about past lives and all that.

5 Likes

Awesome to hear a few of you have found absolutely perfectly compatible partners for yourself, very difficult thing to do.

2 Likes

Luck plays a role here but IMO a sizeable part of “compatibility” is accommodating each others flaws. Of course, you do that because the good parts far outweigh the not so good parts.

And for me, compatibility doesn’t mean liking the same things, or having similar tastes. It means, at your very core, you are similar. So you have the same moral values, same sense of good and bad, same sense of fairness etc. Beyond that, you could be two completely different people and make it work.

6 Likes

:smiley:

Do they mean same sex?

No they are reporting regular partnerships :smiley:

People are getting smarter and binning marriage lol