The randomly nothing thread

I have avoided all videos of it really/not had too many come my way in the timeline, so I’ve not seen any comments at all.

I probably wouldn’t be smirking, given how sad the story is as a whole, but I wouldn’t really be able to get my head around comments like that.

It’s like when people praise God for a little child winning their battle with leukaemia, but stop short of the logical conclusion which is that a God deserving of praise would have prevented the child getting cancer in the fucking first place, rather than making them go through the suffering, pain and harsdhip of battling it at all.

I mean, if you were an all powerful God, which we are absolutely told he is, would you even let cancer be a thing in the first place, not just for children, but for anyone at all?!

So yeah, I don’t see why you’d praise God when people are rescued from the rubble of an earthquake because logically he could have prevented the situation in the first place, if he actually did exist and was all powerful.

I’ve given up really trying to understand the logic of religious belief and practice. As a species we generally seem to have a need for religious belief, and you’re basically never gonna convince a religious person their beliefs are illogical, and they’ll never change my mind to be fair, so I tend to let them crack on and avoid having these sorts of debates. As long as their religion remains just that, and doesn’t impinge on anyone else’s life, whatever makes them happy really.

2 Likes

Yeah it does say a lot about me.

But yeah you perfectly illustrated the logical fallacy in the whole “Praise God for recovering this child from a trama that God had the power to not inflict in first place”.

1 Like

See Cof E mental gymnastics yesterday for confirmation on this.

Unfortunately it does exactly that

End religion and see how many wars there are around the world afterwards

1 Like

Sometimes it does, but a lot of the time it doesn’t. Loads if colleagues and friends of mine are religious, and their views and practices have next to no effect on my life. They do their thing and have their beliefs, and I do my thing and have mine, and things run pretty smoothly.

There’d still be loads of wars. Russia and Ukraine isn’t about religion, for example.

Yer I get that, im the same

I think individually those effects wont have any impact on our lives.,
On a wider bigger scale I think those beliefs cause a hell of a lot of problems and have done for years and years.

I didnt say it would end them all, I said look at how many remain afterwards.
It would end a lot of problems IMO

1 Like

Religion is the only set up I see still getting away on imposing diversity.
Do any of them have much of a track record on female and Gay inclusion.
No other organisations get a way with these draconian outlooks and it gets a free hit off politicians scared of upsetting potential voters. It’s pathetic actually.

1 Like

I agree.
Considering religion is supposed to be about tolerance, fairness and forgiveness, it’s actually the opposite and is often non inclusive and lacking tolerance.

It’s about having control, with fear and threats being used against anyone who disagrees with them.
So not so much about peace and love but more a very powerful business enterprise for making money.

2 Likes

Ok, Sam Smith is out of control.

Their music is shit as well

3 Likes

Who and what are Wet Leg?

Also, how do I join their gang? They look high and/or drunk.

There was a pic of Bellerin arseblog made that looked similar to this but I can’t find it.

Wet Leg are an awesome band that just broke out in 2022

Yeah saw their performance and quite liked it.

I’ve honestly not heard of most of these people nominated at the Brits though. Even Harry Styles - although I loved One Direction, I don’t actually know any of his songs other than the watermelon one.

Sam Smith was on Graham Norton last week and I think the guy is having some kind of breakdown, kind of sad to see really

:exploding_head: this is genius :clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

S Club 7 getting back together?
I didn’t know they’d split up and were taking a break from touring to concentrate on writing their next album. :grinning:

Paul embracing the dad bod.

1 Like

Tina looks great.

The others look shagged out.

4 Likes