The R.I.P thread

RIP

Greatest English striker ever.

A very sad day.

3 Likes

Hope spurs and Chelsea do some sort of big celebration of sorts for him pre-game. Wore both shirts with pride.

Muller and Greaves in the same year. Damn

2 Likes

RIP.

An absolute staple of my football life growing up and Saint and Greavsie remains one of the best football shows. I think he used to do a q&a bit in shoot or one of those too which was always good.

Probably my dad’s favourite player too.

Sounds like he had a really tough time in his final years.

2 Likes

Saint and Greavsie was THE best footie programme .
Sad day

2 Likes

Hopefully they will . Jimmy deserves all clubs to celebrate his life .

2 Likes

Sad to wake up to this news. Really needs listening to today of how good his gosl scoring was.

Little foot note. He was the first player to score a European goal at Highbury, representing London in the Fairs cup.
RIP Jimmy.

4 Likes

RIP Greavsie proper legend. Remember watching Saint & Greavsie growing up great football programme in its day. Weird was only thinking of him a few days ago.

3 Likes

Sad sad loss, two legends gone this year. Like @MO_OA49 randomly came across some clips of him last night and the day before, when I was searching for some old school ‘spitting image’ stuff.

R.I.P gone but never forgotten

2 Likes

RIP Jimmy.

Basically me below.

2 Likes

RIP to an iconic name in the sport and someone who I often hear as being a truly elite striker even if I didn’t get to see him play.

Speaks volumes about his class that even Arsenal fans will speak so highly of him despite his associations

4 Likes

RIP Jimmy

2 Likes

Fucking hell when you look at the numbers Muller and Greaves put up you could easily say football has lost two of its top 5-6 pure goal scorers ever in 2021. Crazy numbers.

6 Likes

6 hat tricks for England which is still a recent. Considering some of the opposition now thats still a bit of a standout

4 Likes

Greatest Spurs legend along with Blanchflower.
Arguably the greatest pure striker ever .
I loved him.

4 Likes

Easily one of the best and most efficient goal scorers in Europe.
Has there been a better England striker?

‘Football didn’t start in 1992’

4 Likes

Absolutely iconic figure in English football, one of the best to play for England, if not the best. His numbers for Tottenham and Chelsea are truly mind blowing in any era of the game.

1 Like

RIP Boycie from Only Fools and Horses , sadly a loyal Gooner

6 Likes

Ah man what a sad loss, that’s another of the cast to go. Boyce was always one of my favourite characters. Happened to capture the last episode of the original run of OFAH last night. Remember cracking up when I found out Challis was friends with Ice T. Legend

R.I.P

2 Likes

Rip