Pre-2000s Football

So classy

3 Likes

25 years ago today. I remember having my mind blown when I first saw it and its no less amazing today. I love how France put a four man wall 30 yards from goal too, they knew he could do it.

3 Likes

That’s probably the best free kick I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

So much class combined…

3 Likes

Deadly combo.

1 Like

I’d have it second having witnessed this one in person.

5 Likes

I genuinely think Beckham’s FK against Greece in the 2002 WC qualifier is the best.
Not the fastest but the placement, the swerve, the timing snd pressure when taking it…

2 Likes

One of those moments as an England fan that I’ll never forget. Better free kicks out there but off the top of my head none resonate better

2 Likes

Love this picture.

6 Likes

Looking at him wearing that Orange gives me nostalgic feels of the amazing summers with Euros and World Cups. So annoyed we don’t have that this year.

5 Likes

World Cup should be starting next week just ss the weather is improving, fucking depressing.

3 Likes

Great team.

3 Likes

If you compared it too last years team, the drop off in real talent would be massive.
Difference would be night and day.

5 Likes

2000, the dark ages of DFB

1 Like

Does even a single player from this 2020 team get into that 2000 team? You could maybe make a case for KDB over Figo but even that isn’t clear cut. Both great players in their day.

2 Likes

Figo won the Ballon d’Or that year, I don’t see KDB getting in front of him.

2 Likes

Chiellini and Bonucci can replace Blanc

Bonucci is crap

Luke Shaw would obviously get in ahead of Maldini

2 Likes

On looks alone