Pets

Triggers me he won’t lie in the middle!

Though, would he fit? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

At least he’s partially on it! The amount of shit I’ve bought for my cat that it just flat out refuses to use haha. Fucking ungrateful swines most cats.

I’m definitely a cat lover, but totally get why so many people prefer dogs. Dogs are enthusiastic, desperate to please, loyal, and I’d venture seem to even love their owners (though I try not to ascribe human emotions to animals lol)

Cats just fucking use you for your food and treat you with disdain half the time.

6 Likes

That’s why I like cats. Because they don’t give a fuck, and do their own thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My weird little rat of a dog is all legs and doesn’t always know what to do with them when she tries to get comfy

6 Likes

Why didn’t you get a dog that doesn’t look like a rat? Like :chester:

2 Likes

My girlfriend was asked to foster her when she was 6 weeks old because she was too ill (contagious) to be in a kennel with other dogs.

Fell in love with her and couldn’t give her up after that :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Sounds like the plausible sob story I’d tell my partner if I wanted a dog.

One of our rabbits was supposedly too troublesome to be adopted by other people so we had to have him, and he’s been completely fine ever since.

1 Like

I hope you called him Bugs

I didn’t realize real life rabbits even had the ability to be troublesome.

1 Like

He’s got no teeth which they said would make him high maintenance but tbh it’s a fucking dream.

He doesn’t chew any of our shit so we don’t need to lock him away.

1 Like

So with my future increasingly looking like I’m going to be WFH permanently, and it being a good 5 months since we lost our cat - we are thinking about getting a dog.

I’ve not had huge experience with dogs, at best I’ve babysat a few for a few hours but nothing further.

We’re all thinking of a staffy as they seem to tick most our boxes (we want something easy to train and friendly with guests and children). This is super open ended but can I reach out to some fellow experienced dog owners to give a quick guideline on what to think about and consider when getting your first dog? I’m working on a blank canvas atm, for that reason I’m sure there’s shed loads to think about and consider so I don’t think this will be something I’ll be doing extremely soon but it’s something I’m very seriously looking at, and am excited about too!

Ps. My dream dog has always been to get me a doberman one day but I’m not gullible enough to think I could take the responsibility with such an athletically demanding and highly stumulant (not to mention powerful!) dog as a first timer right away. :grin:

2 Likes

Myself personally got a Samoyed for my first dog, adore him he’s 10.5 months now but is extremely hard work.

As for 1st recommendations Samoyeds weren’t high when doing research due to being hard work, but I didn’t get a say due to the mrs :rofl:.

Personally from what I’ve seen from other people I reckon a staffy would be a great choice mate.

1 Like

To be fair your Samoyed is pretty fricking gorgeous :grin:

1 Like

LOL. When we had cats (I was a teenager back then so lived at home at the time) they used to bring back home torn vipers and elegantly pose them on display on our porch. Cats are badasses. Vicious little creatures. :sweat_smile:

Hahaha I did just see a video of a bobcat fucking up a rattlesnake and eating it :joy:

I guess cats are technically just indoor bobcats

1 Like

This one time my cat got bitten and his hind legs got paralyzed for a few hours. He dragged himself over the floor while looking all miserable. We were hoping he would learn his lesson but nope, he was on it again shortly after. lol

He didn’t die from a snake bite?!

Nope. Cats are like Chuck Norris. The snakes gets ripped apart like nothing. However, pretty sure your rat wouldnt be able to take it. Sorry, “dog”. lol

2 Likes

Friendship over :dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

Dont be like that. I have had a rat too. A yorkshire terrier. Loved that little piece to death.

I just prefer big dogs, that all. I used to run with Bhumi (my dog) every day. We walked for hours in the woods etc etc. You cant do that with the rats, even if theyre cute. Well, you can but then you have to carry them around like an accessory after a little while. lol

I cant wait for getting another dog but cant do it whilst in uni. Dont have that type of time at the moment.

1 Like

:joy: :joy:

No that’s fair, I will say that Poppy is a big small dog in the sense that she’s like 9kg so not exactly like a little toy chihuahua haha

I understand the sentiment though, although we’ve taken Poppy on 3 hour hikes before and she’s been OK.

I would have preferred a bigger dog but with both our families living abroad, travelling with our little noodle is a LOT easier. You just can’t travel with a big dog.