Pets

Our Fifi passed today. She was completely fine and on my brother’s lap this afternoon then out of nowhere she spasmed and fell off him and became unresponsive. Next thing we took her to the vet who told us she was in her final minutes and kindest thing was to put her out of her misery.

This was only taken last night aswell lol.

Shocked at how quickly it’s happened and man I never realised it until now how badly we were all attached to her and vice versa until now. I’m gonna miss her so much.

RIP Fifi

16 Likes

So sorry to hear that. It’s horrible when you lose a pet. Sometimes, people who have never had a pet/lost a pet don’t understand, but they are literally an extension of your family. At least it doesn’t sound like she suffered for long.

4 Likes

Thats a lot @Phoebica , that’s really kind!

That is true and the best outcome. She was in the vet and euthanised within 30 minutes of her having her spasm/fit.

We had her as a stray for 13 years and she’d come on leaps and bounds from literally being afraid of a feather floating in the air to being as comfortable enough to demand a strange visitor in our house that they make way on their lap for her to curl up on. Happy to have given her a great life, shame it had to end!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss man, they really are like part of the family and you don’t quite realise to what extent until this day comes, as we know it one day must. Doesn’t make it easier though.

I had to put one of my childhood pets down just into my twenties, and to this day its still one of the toughest things I’ve had to do going to the vets that day. How old was Fifi? I know you said you’d had her for thirteen years but not sure of the kind of age you took her in. I suppose if she was a stray you might not know.

But as @Phoebica says, it sounds like she didn’t suffer much, which is a huge bonus. The cat I referred to earlier, Dodi (yes, named after Dodi Al Fayed lol), had a lot of health issues and his passing was a more drawn out and probably painful affair.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @CliftonGeraldi, not nice to experience something like that at home as well, blimey.

It sounds like you gave her a great life :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks mate @JakeyBoy @YJYUX

When we took her in she was guesstimated to have been about 2-3 years. I reckon that was perhaps about right. She’d definitely slowed down a lot in the past 6 months and behaviourally she became a lot more maintenance (which we loved haha).

P.s. Dodi is a cool af name!!

1 Like

Really sorry for your loss.

15+ is a good age for any cat (only for a few breeds would that be a little on the low side and would be more like 18+, like a Balinese or something).

My two half Siamese were around 15-ish

1 Like

A neighbourhood stray starting knocking about our garden and eventually house, in the days before microchipped catflaps, and we didn’t have the heart to force it away when it looked so scrawny and malnourished. It never truly became our cat, but was around the house and our two cats plenty. Perhaps naively, we thought the little fucker was getting a bit comfortable and eating too much of our cats food when it got noticeably chunky, but of course it was pregnant. It gave birth to a litter and until we found homes for them we decided to give them interim names, and seemed to settle on the royal family for inspiration. As a left wing, republican household I guess the concession made to our beliefs was being super subversive and deciding we should name one of the cats Dodi so Diana didn’t feel ostracised by all the other kittens. We ended up keeping Dodi and the name stuck.

Luckily he didn’t go the same way as real life Dodi, as Diana’s representative was the only one from the litter who didn’t make it in the end :cry:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that man. : (

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @CliftonGeraldi

Rip Fifi :pray:

1 Like

Really sorry to hear man I know the feeling of losing a pet really suddenly when all seemed fine 24 hours prior.

Hope you’re holding up ok dude.

1 Like

This protected species getting his morning walk that he potentially could have missed out on if the champions league was running and the world was normal.

8 Likes

The fiancée has bailed me up for a 2k custom made kennel for echo getting delivered from Perth, absolutely way over the top, if he doesn’t use it I’ll be absolutely raging.

9 Likes

Love that first pic.

Kinda wanna post a pic of my dog here in the states, but hits too close to home haha, would have to delete it like one of my own. :sweat_smile:

Post a damn pic of your dog you cock!

2 Likes

Ooooooooh, you are awful.

I can edit your actual posts ya know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry dude

Stop asking for cock pix from dogs

1 Like

To be fair, I pretty much knew that would happen :grin:

2 Likes