The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Feels like there are more offside goals scored than onside goals nowadays in the PL. The refs in this league are so shit I can’t wait for VAR to come here, fuck me. They might need foreign VAR room refs as well though, I’m not even sure these jesters know the rules even if they get to see things in slow-mo from 3 different angles though lol

1 Like

Only good thing about it is that lolpool fans are singing the blues now surely :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Sterling :fire:

Hmmm, even with VAR @oompa, I can see that goal given.

VAR is bullshit. Handball = handball and therefore penalty (no such thing as ball to hand anymore).

In this case, VAR would have said, Aguero plays the ball to an offside Sterling but Jaanmat plays it onto Sterling who scores. They won’t think that Jaanmat is only there because Sterling hasn’t been judged offside in the first place.

2 Likes

The biggest farce of that call was the linesman made the right decision and the ref overturned him like a moron lol, I’d be fuming if they made that call against us.

everyone complained about the rashford penalty, but I didn’t really see he problem with it?

In any case, you could see the logic, with kimpembe not really doing much to take his rm away.

In any case:

1 Like

but he is offside when he plays the ball. it doesn’t matter if it is deflected afterwards? The only way a ref can then give it is if he deems it to be a “new situation” I think, which it clearly isn’t.

Watford got done in few minutes.

1-0 City

https://streamable.com/zw1p5

2-0 City

https://cdnja.r.worldssl.net/mp4/py/PyzG.mp4

Sterling hattrick what a player

1 Like

3-0. City running riot in the second half.

https://cdnja.r.worldssl.net/mp4/1j/1Jap.mp4

The “new situation” thing is such a fine line, too. By the letter of the law, it’s a legitimate goal. Ball played forward to a player in an offside position but ball deflects off a a player of the opposition. Offside player scores. Goal.

Funnily enough, if Jaanmat did nothing, he’d have been better off. But, as I was saying, fine line. Any team, not just Watford, would feel hard done by with that goal

Lovely. Liverpool can fuck off.

6 Likes

No it isn’t. In that case, you could just place a guy 30m behind the offside line, and whenever you win the ball you try to shoot it and deflect it off the arse of an opponent. It is not allowed.

Is the rule “deflects” off a player of the opposition, or a player of the opposition “plays” it to a player in an offside position? (a la Gerrard playing it to Henry in the Arsenal v Liverpool game and also in England v France)

Genuinely don’t know. If it’s “played”, then yes, it’s very harsh.

3-1 Delofeu

Yep in the end. Fuck the yellow teeth cunt.

I think it’s the same thing as a ball being deflected off your own player and your keeper handles (is that the word?) it then it is ok but not if it is intentional. So if the player is offside when the ball is played and S is offside and it is a deflection it is offside. If the Watford player controls the ball and gives it to Sterling then ofc. it is not offside (like Kehrer did for PSG :rofl: )

also: come on now Watford, epic comeback time

POTY Raheem :giroud2:

His teeth are crystal white tbf

I think you’re right, yeah. I stand corrected. BT Sport however, trying to justify the ref overturning the linesman’s decision by saying Jaanmat “deliberately” played the ball to Sterling (jeez!)