The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

One game today? Ffs. Why not let us play today.

2 Likes

Because sky want an MNF

As long as your happy with Kroenke and our lack of investment, that’s fine.

I want to see a bit more.

Lol where have you got this from? Our net spend over the last three seasons is ÂŁ157.5m

Moaning for the sake of moaning. Check the facts first :wink:

2 Likes

I was talking about the last transfer window.

and? That graphic you are moaning about takes in three transfer windows. Summer 17 January 18 and Summer 18. The article I posted takes in Summer 2016 and January 17 aswell as the above three.

So you are wrong :wink:

In that case I’m wrong.
I read since 2017 I didn’t realise it included the season before that.

But even so, they seem to be showing a lot more ambition in the market, relative to their size, than we do.
You can also include Wolves as well.

Manchester City ( 398.71m!!) and Manchester United (£315.08m!) are the only two clubs with a higher net spend than us since summer 2016. We are never gonna spend more than them so really can’t see what your going on about haha

No they’re not. They are spending what they need to survive in the PL. Nothing more.

good god invincible what is your fucking agenda, you paint everything the club does in a negative stance and kroenke is a leeching scumbag etc and we are a cheap club etc, if you are so miserable why dont you take a break from arsenal. People seem to hate what has happened but dont seem to realise if it was fucking usmanov in charge he would DEFINITELY take money out of the club, he was the one asking for money in the first place. Kroenke doesnt take anything other than about 3m a season really and for him that is like us taking £1 out of a drain and even if he was the worst cancer out there do you think you incessantly moaning about it is gonna change a fucking thing? Even when you are proved wrong you twist things around still to fit that agenda…give it a break man.

shouldn’t put so much onus on what those clubs spend because they have lot more areas to fill up without having anyone worth selling, hence the excessive net spend.

1 Like

Yeah it is also a case of “how much do you need to spend to sufficiently upgrade a Championship side in order to stay in the Premier League” - that is a big, big step up these days… I don’t think anyone thinks they are going to continue with that net spend year on year (not even City does)… it is a one time thing in order to necessarily upgrade their squad.

Arsenal have accelerated spending massively under Kroenke and are still maintaining a self-sufficient model - in addition, we made changes to commercials under him that have been really good and now senior management changes that also seem to have been rather astute. I’ll never understand the hate on Kroenke until the day he starts pulling real money out of the club.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know why people don’t like Kroenke.

You’re giving Kroenke a little too much credit. Emirates have been our partner long before the Kroenke ownership. This stuff would have happened without Kroenke too. I thought he was a hands off owner anyway?

Hands off in a footballing sense, as it should be. There have been good moves under Kroenke/Gazidis commercially - the evidence and reporting has been done. My only beef with them was that they persisted with Wenger too long and didn’t have the guts to get rid of a club legend sooner.

Like I said. With the trajectory of (English) football of the past 15 years or so that stuff would have happened regardless.

1 Like

That is pretty much an assumption that seems agenda-driven. The trajectory of English football is one factor and certainly an upward trend of all teams’ commercials will occur as a result (a rising tide lifts all boats), but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t individual moves or decisions that make a positive or negative difference. A lot of people in football have given credit to Gaz over the past 5 years or so.

If you choose to believe that given all factors, they are a zero sum difference, why do you hate him? I for one believe that at WORST they have kept status quo, but evidence seems to suggest that things have progressed positively for me, ceteris paribis.

For the record I don’t hate Kroenke. But giving them actual credit is a tree too far in my book. We have been partners with Emirates since 2006. In '12 Warrior Sports gave 25 million per year for kit sponsorship setting the market.

It isn’t just the Emirates deal… like I said, worst case it is carrying on from before with self-sustaining model. But for me, it smacks of confirmation bias if you aren’t looking for the other evidence that things have at least taken a turn for better… I have never expected us to turn into sugar daddy club and I am not sure I really want that, if I am totally honest.

What exactly is directly attributable and evidence for Kroenke his impact? Arsenal was stuck in long term deals because of stadium financing, but got out of that and in that time sponsorship numbers had risen dramatically etc. Which the club also profited from.

Better to be 5th self sustaining than competing for titles with sugar daddy help, obviously :wink:. It has become the name of the game. Especially in the Premier League.