The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

What a miss by Lewis fucking Dunk. That was a slam Dunk :disappointed:

What are u on about? Lamps coached James to hit that shot.

1 Like

doh… should be 2-2

Zouma with a shit 3rd

And time to turn this off

Complete bullshit fluke win

1 Like

lol a couple of dodgy goals… jammy win for Chelsea today.

When are Pulisic and Ziyech back?

Havertz awful. Out of all their new players, he’s the one most likely to flop IMO.

Would be poor to finish behind this side.

I’d like to see us face Brighton before I make any conclusions but Chelsea not impressive.

13 Likes

Still think Arteta will be a better coach/manager then Lampard, think it helps Lampard that his owner will give him the money to spend and that buying in World class talent will help Lampard record look more impressive of getting into the top 4. But the pressure on him to win something this year is going to be crazy. I think he get top 4 again with that squad, wouldn’t be overly surprised if City and Liverpool stutter this season, that Chelsea are the team to overlap them.

I don’t know why but just not a big fan of how Chelsea and City have bought their success. Just want to see Chelsea flop badly this season, just be so much fun to watch lol.

It was actually over seventy mill mate :joy:

3 Likes

This is what I’ve been saying about both Utd and Chelsea, they can spend more than us, maybe have the better players but both their managers are garbage. Arteta is the best manager in the league outside of Pep and Klopp and barring any crazy injuries or bad luck I think we can come 3rd this year. Klopp, Poch and Bielsa have proven that a manager is what makes all the difference better manager > better players. Especially when the gap in quality between players isn’t that big.

Clubs like Chelsea, Man City and Man U not only have better and more expensive players, they also have quality in depth in the squad which means they can rotate regularly so there are fewer injuries to players from fatigue.

They also have the advantage of being able to swap players around if a first team player loses form or has come back from an international game.

If we have an injury to Aubameyang or Willian, who can we replace them with that would be nearly as effective?
This wouldn’t be a problem for any of the big spenders because they have almost equivalent quality sitting on the bench.

I’m not sure we’ll be top four, unless we go through the season without any injuries to key players, and I also think clubs like Everton, Leicester and Wolves are going to be up there as well so I would expect the top four to be Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U.

Whatever happens, it will be a lot closer than last season and, if we can get a couple of top quality signings in this window, it could really help Arteta into the CL places.

1 Like

Man Utd’s squad depth isn’t that great, neither is a team like Liverpool’s for that matter and them having their key players fit is just as important to them also.

Man City have depth for rotation and yes Chelsea have spent money on improving their attack/midfield options but they’re not proven performers yet.

Against Fulham, we had Pepe come on for Willian, Cebellos didn’t start. Saka didn’t play. Our attacking depth is better then the credit you’re giving it imo, even Rio Ferdinand was raving about it. We have options that could have a great 2nd season (Pepe, Cebellos) and Martinelli still to return.

Auba will kill it as usual, but I believe the burden will be more shared this year if our other players step up as the options are there for internal improvement + any potential incomings.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean by barring any crazy injuries and bad luck.

But I don’t agree, whilst I think that the moves they are making are good, I think you can have all the best players in the world but if you got Ole at the wheel or Lamps you ain’t doing fuck all. Liverpool have maybe 5 WC players of which maybe only 2 were WC them selves the rest have become WC through their performances under a manager who has been able to get that out of them. The rest of the squad are standard players with high stamina who have become great again because of the manager and the system he deploys them in. It took both Klopp and Pep a couple of years of being ruthless and drilling in their styles of play before they became the team they are today. Lampard has no style of play and Ole still setting his team up like it’s 1997 where as Arteta is from the same school that Pep, Poch and others are from and instilling a Philosophy and style of positional play which will get better over time. With the right additions and time I think we will be up there with city and Liverpool. I don’t say that because of the F.A cup or charity shield wins either, I was adamantly against Artetas appointment as I felt we should of gone for Poch but honestly after the first few games you could tell that Arteta was ready and the massive changes he had made to the team especially in regards to defensive shape, the TV doesn’t show it well but when you see it in the stands looking it’s something beautiful. I’m confident that Arteta will be the one to take us back up to the top. :muscle:t4:

The only proper defender Chelsea have is the reanimated corpse of Thiago Silva. Poor bastard will be fully decomposed by the end of the season.

Their shite keeper and defence will hold them back. Don’t see them breaking the top 2.

5 Likes

Nice to see the prem signing a new deal with the Chinese over television rights again.

Everton to kick on?