The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

United absolutely shitting in Brighton mouths

3 Likes

OGS finally coming good.

Genuinely playing great football.

They’re playing well but lets not act like they don’t have a God send of a fixture list to end the season, a who’s who of relegation fodder.

Brighton, Bounemouth, Villa, Southampton and then Palace

They’ve played well in big games too tbh. I think after years of mediocrity, they are starting to click. Look miles ahead of now.

6 Likes

Imagine Ole taking them to the title :gabriel: their fans would be unbearable

That’s a hell of a run of games they’ve got. But still - can’t really criticise their form based on a forward fixture list?!

We couldn’t manage to beat Brighton :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

No, but we have beaten Manchester United when they’ve been on a similar good run of form.

Expectations of them need to be tempered

I’m not buying it at this stage, been here before with OGS going on a lil run before against poor opposition.

I’m not convinced about them at all, will see what they’re about when it really matters not trying to bag top four.

1 Like

You say that, but we drop points to shit teams like that. In fact, we struggled badly against Brighton just a few days ago and lost. That fixture list for us is far from guaranteed wins.

Getting 4th and above means consistently beating these shit teams. We’ve fallen badly because we can’t even do that any more. We used to be flat track bullies but we’ve just become the bullied.

They aren’t as bad as us so it’s no surprise.

It’s telling that no matter how bad things got for United, the players never downed tools on him. That says to me he retained the support of the players and the board and slowly slowly it’s all starting to click.

Replace DDG, being in another CB, a CM and Jadon Sancho and they’re title contenders.

3 Likes

Isn’t he the on massive wages and a very long-term deal? Seems unlikely they can get rid of him.

Him and Sanchez are two black holes in their wage books, can’t complain.

1 Like

They’re used to it with the seagulls

7 Likes

So are United if Ashley Young’s experience counts for anything.

4 Likes

I think they have a big call to make on whether to bring back Henderson and have him challenge DDG. And I think United can absorb any loss on him financially anyway, they’re paying most of Sanchez wages at Inter anyway.

Ah damn. How did I forget that?!

1 Like

What a goal! What a counter!