The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Agüero only 77 off Shearer. Doable?

This was before he scored another two goals so its 177

1 Like

I hope he does it.

Shearer is a nob

1 Like

Well it’s not an actual record and it’s stood for 13 years anyway. I’ve never once cared that the foreign player with the lost goals played for us or, if I’m honest, given that much thought at all.

Their PL records are remarkably similar in terms of games/goals. Fair play to him I say.

I see @SRCJJ has already covered this. I should read and not just respond. :slight_smile:

Miles behind Jimmy Greaves though. 357. Perspective lads.

Really hope he does it. Though with age catching up, he may not quite make it.
And credit to him and Henry. Only 255 and 258 games to get to 175 goals. :pray: Though Henry was scoring goals while also providing assists left right and centre. Aguero has only recently been adding more dimensions to his game. Great achievement nonetheless.

F’ckin brilliant record that.

Sky shamefully hardly ever mention this. I know they write PL record goalscorers, but still. There should be a nod to Greavsie.

1 Like

Anorak fact of the day and one to win a bet on.
Jimmy Greaves was the first player to score a European goal at Highbury. Done it for a London XI in the fairs cup.

1 Like

It’s such branding bollox that minimises football history really

Wrightie has 165 including his first division goals (SHearer has 283)

Ian Rush 232 top flight goals
Chalton 199
Roger Hunt 167

Nevermind, here’s the full list: https://talksport.com/football/186306/revealed-all-time-top-goalscorers-english-top-flight-football-1888-present-day-170211225062/

But football was invented in 1992 apparently

2 Likes

You’re fast becoming my favourite poster

2 Likes

Sorry @Stroller

1 Like

I know I blew it with Mane before.🤷

1 Like

You should know this.

Mane can’t buy you love

3 Likes

:joy::joy: that’s your best so far.

1 Like

Here’s the list for people who don’t want to scroll through that talksport monstrosity of a website. If not for injuries Dixie Dean would likely top this list.

Ahh my old headmaster told us a story during an assemble of Dixie Dean and I don’t remember the main part of the story but I remember he supposedly breaking the crossbar in the story (when they were made of wood). It sounded like bollox and was made to sound like he was a viscious striker of the ball, but thinking about it now, if it did happen the crossbar must have been really rotted down inside and ready to go.

Lost a testicle in a match once.

Sounds like most of our players if Troy Deeney is to be believed

1 Like

City have just been so sloppy this year, massive wins thrown in with garbage results, similar GD to Liverpool but 14 points behind having played 1 more game.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

These are so funny man