The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Inherently calling a post delusional is calling someone deluded

it is calling your train of thought delusional its not really name calling

As ridiculous as spelling Callum with one L?

Re read the post. I’ve only stated fact.

Name spelling. Very grown up.

So my train of thought, to expect a better performance against Manchester City than we ever did as a Wenger team, was delusional?

Not necessarily. You can say that someone is behaving in a certain way without it being name calling.

You can say someone is behaving like a dick without saying that they actually are a dick generally, for example.

Splitting hairs perhaps… but his post wasn’t name calling, even if it isn’t a particularly friendly thing to say.

You are seriously asking this? REALLY? You expected a better performance on our very first match with a new manager after 22 years of wenger…REALLY :bellerin:

I think this is what I was pointing out, in perhaps the wrong way

Fair enough :+1:

Let’s make fun of City instead. I read somewhere that by summer Pep had spent more in the last 21 months than Arsenal had in the last 21 years, and was at the point where he was buying back-up wingers that cost as much as our club record signing. Now he has lost as many games as us :unai:

Ofc they’re still ahead of us, I understand that, and I also understand that the Pep dick riders will just take a back seat for the Klopp dick riders for now, but as I’m not in the UK, though I believe you all when you say it, I don’t feel that smug Liverpool fan thing you all warn about, and I like Klopp so I don’t mind this at all. I mean I don’t like any other team doing well but if I had to choose between Liverpool and City I’d gladly see Liverpool do better. A long way to go though, and we need our 3 pts now.

2 Likes

So you really want me to repeat something I said on August the 22nd, or whatever it was, in a Boxing Day premier league fixtures thread?

Ok, I will. (Apologies to anyone who will inevitably get bored of this)

I expected some sort of stamp. Some sort of performance where Emery could make his mark against the best team in the country. Even an early chink of light. I didn’t see a thing. In actual fact, I’m certain we didn’t test their 'keeper in 90 mins.

Going back full circle, Leicester have just beaten Man City at home even though they were behind. I know Manchester City may be a shade worse than they were when we played them but Leicester clearly played with more purpose than we did

but most people thought that this whole season would have to be written off because the team needs a lot of work and not to expect much of anything for a good few seasons and many many transfer periods to sort this shitshow out. Why did you feel we would get a result in day ONE of a new season against a team that literally just steamrolled the whole fucking league.

Liverpool are on 102 point pace and conceding 14 goals pace :eyes:.

Spurs playing some top stuff again and city down to 3rd after consecutive losses to Palace and the Foxes :eyes:.

Feel like it’s only Wenger “dick riders” on here who feel the need to label others as being “dick riders” for appreciating that a couple of other specific managers in the league are pretty damn good.

1 Like

Not a result, per se. More an improvement in performance. I expected a little more anger, too, tbh.

To not test their 'keeper once while we were the home team in our first competitive home game of the season was pretty dire.

Wow, you’re such a dick rider

1 Like

name them

Name who?

Who’s in for a mass suicide pact in may???

@Phoebica @JakeyBoy @Cristo

It’s sad because many in my family are kopites and they’re pretty nice about it, but I know so many other stereotypical Liverpool fans and I know success will turn even the reasonable ones into shite.

4 Likes

the wenger dick riders on OA that you talk about. I was talking in general.