The Other (postponed) Premier League Fixtures Thread

All because shitheel PL clubs that don’t generate rating bitched about primetime slots.

1 Like

Twitter nerdball Xg philosophy derby. More shit gets written about these two than anybody else.

3 Likes

Lamptey has been class tho tbf. Best player on the pitch.

Respect Cobham

He’s becoming a right winger again. :disappointed:

What a boring ass day of football.

2 Likes

Just gotta hope we keep the fans because no way I could do empty stadium football again.

2 Likes

I wonder if they now just pump in extra crowd noise without us knowing.

1 Like

@sevchenko :eyes:

1 Like

I think, and I sound like a broken record here, but with fewer televised games, European games in sync (CL and Europa League over Tuesday and Wednesday, with Thursdays only considered if it’s a Man City/Man Utd or Arsenal/Spurs at home type deal) and more games played on the Saturday at 3pm, we’d have fans in seats.

Scrap the 12.30pm kick offs on a Saturday (dead atmosphere) and also the Friday night kick offs (nightmare for the working population).

This, unfortunately, will never happen. Greater exposure is what broke the camel’s back for football.

1 Like

Jermaine Beckford, Sky must of been struggling to find someone to chime in for Leeds.

2 Likes

Yeah it really did. People 3 games in are more worn down by fatigue and critical because of boredom.
I’m as guilty as the next person on it. It gives the feeling of all being a bit contrived for me. More becomes less.

1 Like

It was like those God awful Super super super Sundays that Sky used to broadcast. 3 games back to back from noon onwards. By the last game, the first game seemed like an age before. Thankfully, they haven’t done that since. (Apart from COVID, but that didn’t upset the fans directly)

I can remember when I was younger and being awestruck seeing Napoli v Arsenal on ITV (CWC) followed immediately thereafter by Sheff Wed v Man United in the Coca Cola cup semi final on the same channel. My immediate thought was, how are they going to appease the non-football loving audience here?!

1 Like

Still eating off that goal he scored for Leeds against them United in the Cup ten years back lol

1 Like

That still remains to this day the best non-Arsenal game I’ve listened to on the radio :heart_eyes:

This match is

2 Likes

Can someone score a goal…

1 Like

Can someone give a fuck and just have a go.

2 Likes

16 shots isn’t having a go eh

You find this exciting ?

1 Like

What’s whether it’s exciting or not got to do with one team actually trying to score :joy: