The Official Tennis Thread

Federer wins another slam!!!

Wow. What a final, these two players are easily the most enjoyable to watch, and tennis really won’t be the same when they retire.

I haven’t watched Tennis in years because after federer I just didn’t really like any of them. Absolutely delighted for him to wrap up his 18th grand slam title and what a way to do it. :slight_smile:

The absolute GOAT!!

All class.

:joy: at Mesut celebrating in Lucas face

Haha that video is quality.

Nacho and Lucas look pissed lol

I love how Mesut gloats over Nacho’s misfortune straight into his face. Warms my condescending German heart. :heart_eyes:

Winning a slam at 35 years of age super effort.

That’s the most enthusiastic Mesut has been all week.

France v GB davis cup…
Got to say the French band piss all over the England band…but thats not hard…Ghostbusters…
http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-results/tie.aspx?id=M-DC-2017-WG-M-FRA-GBR-01

Australia 2-0 up on the United States.

We rely on Andy Murray too much. Without him we are incredibly weak. But I still fancy it to be tight because France are without their best stars too – no Tsonga or Gasquet.

2 sets down in first match

French open is now up to the quarter final stage with Nadal looking near unbeatable.

Thiem Vs Djokovic
Nadal vs Carreno Busta
Nishikori vs Murray
Cilic vs Wawrinka

I don’t watch tennis but for years now it’s always the same 4 names winning everything, Nadal, Murray, Federer and Djokovic, Is there anyone coming up that can take over anytime soon?

Kyrigos, Zverev and Thiem are the ones to watch over the next few years but there have been a few in this tournament who have shown themselves to be good looking prospects such as Chung and Khachanov.

Quite a few others in the next gen such as Kokkinakis, Frtiz, Coric,Tiafoe and Reilly Opelka will be mixing it up in years to come also.

In fairness Stanislas has won as many slams as Murray, but yeah its been a total dominance by very few people for the last 13 years or so. @Darkseid those 3 that you listed are the biggest talents with two of them already in the top 10, as for Nick it all depends on how much he wants to be great.

Yeah you guys are pinning your hopes on him eh? He’s got all the talent just needs to mature.

I quite like Kokkinakis, good to see him come back from injury.

Yeah pretty much if Nick gets his head right he should become a top 5 player in the world, also the Kokk is highly talented we just haven’t seen that much of it yet due to his health.