Tennis

I feel a bit for Andy Murray, if he was born 10 years earlier he’d likely have retired with 8-10 slam titles to his name.

1 Like

It’s true he could have racked up more in that instance, but I feel like he should still have around 6-7 at this point.

Considering his talent and all round game, the fact he’s level with Warwrinka with wins in the majors isn’t quite right.

He’s a great champion but there were a few too many mental lapses when it mattered most from him.

Auger-Aliassime is legit, Canadian Tennis is in a great spot with him and Shapovalov.

Nick decided to turn up this week winning Acapulco, beating 3 top 10 players + Stan Wawrinka to take out the title…

Probably have a couple of months partying now in Cancun.

2 Likes

It’s a shame but ultimately I think he’ll ultimately be a waste of talent, he should be bringing it like this every week.

Tsitsipas is quite a bit behind in his development and already top 10 despite bursting on the scene not too long ago , Kyrigos is perfectly capable of this, however, at this point in time he just doesn’t have the consistency to truly be great.

1 Like

Thiem beat Federer 7-5 in the 3rd in the final at Indian Wells, impressive from Thiem as I always expected if he won a masters or slam it would be on Clay.

He’s the youngest player to make a masters semi final in 12 years I think or even longer, he’ll be top 15 by the end of the season and future slam champion IMO.

Federer still winning Masters 1000s at 37 years of age.

Fognini vs Lajovic Final at the Monte Carlo Masters :eyes:

2 Likes

Fognini with a great performance, would be nice to him take it tomorrow but Lajovic has been playing great too.

Either way it’s a great for the game when unforseen winners take titles such as this one.

1 Like

Nadal has lost Semi Finals in Monte Carlo, Barcelona & Madrid, any concern for him heading into the French open ?

Still the favourite for RG for me, to beat him best of five is such a different propostion in comparison to best of three. There are definitely some cracks starting to show though, but considering how well he played yesterday in destroying Warwrinka he’ll be aight.

Tsitsipas was excellent, insanse performance. He’s a superstar in the making.

1 Like

What is wrong with this dude?

First he was mouthing off about Nadal and Djokovic and now this

haha what a ‘don’

Haha I love Kyrgios.

2 Likes

May have some undiagnosed mental health issues, sure he’s one of the bad boys on tour but that’s a bit much even for Kyrigos.

Either way hus talent will definitely go to waste, no doubt about that.

Hahaha at least he’s not one of those boring robotic sportsmen, but yeah he’d have some deeper issues that are causing this sort of behaviour.

1 Like

He can say what he wants about Nadal and Djokovic but he doesn’t have 1% of their determination and focus

1 Like

Djokovic vs Nadal final in Rome, think Nadal wins this as he’s spent a lot less time on court this week, whilst Djokovic has had some tough 3 setters.

Does anyone else find Zverev quite unlikable? I used to like him, but the more I watch him the more he grates on me.