Tennis

Kyle Edmunds ranking will take a hit, defending Semi final points he was destroyed by Berdych in straight sets.

Andy showed a lot of fight, despite not getting the result, shame I really wanted him to pull it off.

1 Like

I certainly didnā€™t think that when I started watching Murrayā€™s match at 8am, iā€™d still be watching it 4 hours later. Bautista Agut was in impressive form coming into this so bravo to Andy taking it to 5 sets despite only having 1 hip. A defeat looks likely, but impressive performance none the less.

1 Like

Lion hearted performance from Andy, good to see the crowd really getting behind him.

2 Likes

Emotional interview. Theyā€™ve just played him tribute messages from other tennis players. I think iā€™m going to cry :sob:

Best tribute I could give him is that he made me care about tennis to an extent.

Are you back to no fucks given now then? :smile:

Kind of lol

Fair play to Bautista Agut :eyes:

Had the crowd and the Murray circus against him and managed to get the job done

Iā€™m not a massive Tennis fan, but itā€™ll be interesting to see how British tennis fares post Murray era. Sure thereā€™s a couple of them dotting around in the men and womenā€™s game right now, but I really donā€™t believe weā€™ll see anyone of them go on to do particularly great things, all seem very average. I guess Murrayā€™s focus might be to try and discover the next generation of players as we head towards a somewhat lean period again.

1 Like

Yeah British Tennis is fucked without Murray, have a couple of players like Edmund and Evans floating around but I canā€™t see it being much more than that.

Djok is a shoe in for the AO I feel.

Itā€™s like 2am in Australia and theyā€™re still playing tennis. Not much of a crowd, mind.

I find it hard to get behind Konta. Iā€™m not a fan of this switching nationalities thing.

Does anyone actually like her? :sweat_smile: BBC usually have to result to having comments written about her closed off when she loses a match, because of the amount of dislike people write about her. Though even without the nationalities thing, she doesnā€™t really have much of a personality.

Take her back will ya @Aussiegooner ? :cristo:

1 Like

I agree. Itā€™s hard to get behind a Hungarian born Australian who spent the first 14 years of her life in Australia and represented them for a large portion of her career.

1 Like

Off to the Australian Open tomorrow, always an enjoyable day.

2 Likes

Lennox Lewis on the other hand. . .

Surrounded by the Japanese

2 Likes

Federer knocked out by 20-year-old Tsitsipas. He said he used to watch Federer on YouTube and try to mimic his backhand :smile:

I donā€™t know if iā€™m forgetting someone obvious, but I canā€™t recall any past Greek tennis players going far in a major?

The record books are sparse to say the least as far as Greek players go so heā€™s breaking records all the time.

Great win for him, Federer had 12 break points and failed to convert any. Tsitsipas is going right to the top, heā€™s so strong mentally and has the game to match. If Federer doesnā€™t win Wimbledon he wonā€™t be winning a slam this year.

1 Like