Tennis

Johnny won’t let go of the rope :rofl:

Federer destroys Dimitrov in Rotterdam final, 97th career singles title.

Federer into the Final at Indian Wells, 17 wins straight wins to begin the season surpasses his previous record of 16.

Roger. :giroud2:

Sucks for Coric he was nearly there he had it on his racket to go 5-3 in the third but missed with the backhand, he’s not quite there in terms of his game still needs a better serve and forehand.

If he had a better serve he would have won the match, Fed was there for the taking. Still though it’s progress for him to make it this far and really give Fed a match even if sluggish.

1 Like

Classic match, had practically everything with both having match points.

So happy for Delpo winning his first Masters 1000, must feel like a Grand Slam win for him!

2 Likes

Seems like a super match, I thought JMDP was done when Fed was serving for it at 40-15. If Del Potro stays healthy I think he will finish this year in the top 3.

2 Likes

Young Aussie Kokkinakis beats Federer in the 2nd round of the Miami Masters.

I’ve really liked his game since he burst on the scene, it’s possible that he’ll end up being a better player than Kyrigos, needs to improve the backhand and a few other things but his all round game is impressive.

It’s been a real shame about his injuries because considering his talent he should be where the likes of Chung are now, incredible win for him and he absolutely has to back it up by beating Verdasco.

1 Like

Zverev vs Isner in the Miami Masters final, it would be a sad day for Tennis if a servebot like Isner wins a 1000 tournament.

I’ve never had a problem with big servers. It’s the joint most important shot in tennis, if you’ve got physical attributes that enhance it then good for you.

That Isner Mahut match at Wimbledon was hilarious, I loved it :smile:

I don’t know what a 1000 tournament is but I do know Wimbledon is better than it and I also know that Goran Ivanisevics victory in 2001 is one of the best things that ever happened in Tennis. Wikipedia tells me that his 213 aces in that tournament is still an ATP tour record. :slight_smile:

Goran had more than just a serve though, he was a better all court player than Isner.

In general, yes. Not so much in 2001.

Edit: wider point being one off victories don’t seem like a big deal, would be quite different if such a player was dominant.

Nadal vs Nishikori in the Final of Monte Carlo, Nadal hasn’t been tested all week, even best Thiem 6-0 6-2.

1 Like

Thought it should be mentioned Nadal is on some crazy steak of 40odd straight sets won on clay.

I read that his overall record on clay is 401-35. A win percentage of 92%.

That’s insane.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised he’s suffered 35 defeats on the surface, he’s just that good on it.

I’d imagine most of them came early on in his career. In recent years, Djokovic probably accounts for a few of the defeats.

Yeah I just checked his stats, 401-35 on Clay including 79-2 at the French Open hahahahah

1 Like