Formula One

Shame he was a little bitch after he won his second title.

Should never have left Ferrari, but I dunno if the team would be making cars this good had he stayed

1 Like

How to sum up Alonsoā€™s career in Formula 1.

Honestly, Iā€™m glad heā€™s leaving Formula 1. Heā€™s an incredible driver and certainly one of the top talents Iā€™ve witnessed watching the sport for last 20 odd years. But his constant moaning, undermining of others, bigging himself up got so tiresome in recent years. His decision making for going to the wrong teams at wrong times has been unbelieveable. Seeing him scrapping for minor points in the last few years has been terrible and a waste of time for him and everyone. So itā€™s really not a surprise heā€™s finally had enough. You can tell he hasnā€™t enjoyed F1 for a good number of years.

He says he hasnā€™t completely closed the door on the sport but I canā€™t see him returning, I think heā€™s going to fully enjoy doing other championships now and realise he shouldā€™ve left F1 sooner.

Although itā€™s not officially confirmed yet, but I am really looking to seeing him do Indycar next year, a major coup for the series.

3 Likes

Heā€™s one of the best drivers around full stop. Massive loss to see him leave F1. Has the best team radio comments ever too. Legend.

He certainly has a way with words :arteta: Couple of videos cover most of his amazing quotes. Enjoy!

First thing that came to mind was that heā€™s coming to Indy. What makes you think that Mysty?

Because why else would he leave Formula 1? :sweat_smile: Once he won Le Mans this year and the fact he looked throughly fed up a week later at the French GP, his next target is to return to Indy and get that win. The fact also Mclaren have been sending representives over to the States last few months to sort out a deal next year is also another reason why Iā€™m practically certain heā€™s going there next year. They recently bought onboard Gil de Ferran into Mclaren, who of course has tons of experience over racing in the States, another hint to his next plans.

They were hoping to do a tie up with Andretti, but looks like Rahal/Letterman could be a more likely option for them now.

1 Like

In saying that, he is probably the second best driver I have seen in F1 after Michael.

Here are my favourite drives of his:

Sweet! So Takuma Sato is out of a ride. Gonna be cool to see what he can do next season. How do you think heā€™s gonna do?

@Mysty Iā€™ve just ordered Mimiā€™s new book, sounds like it has a lot of crazy stories from his McLaren and Lotus days lol

1 Like

I hope so mate! Iā€™m always a little worried when these kinda books come out while theyā€™re still actively racing, as you feel they have to hold some stuff back. Itā€™s only usually long after youā€™ve retired, you go into full detail.

But yeah, I shall be getting the book too once that comes out later this year :slight_smile:

So a very strange situation this evening has occured. Force India have had all their constuctors points wiped out after confirmation of the new team name, Racing Point Force India :joy: So everyone from 6th onwards moves up.

Last time a team was excluded from the constructors championship was Mclaren back in 2007 for the whole Spygate scandal. Though both Perez and Ocon get to kept their points in the drivers.

1 Like

I thought they were meant to remove the India part of the name. Wasnā€™t that the whole point of the name change?! :arteta:

I think they have to keep the Force India part, due to current contracts with suppliers, sponsors etc, until the end of the season, even though the team is now a new entry. I think the exclusion part was a comprimise to due with the prize money and some teams being against the new entry taking everything from Force India.

Apparently Stroll could be driving for the team at Monza, which would mean Kubica at Williams. Itā€™s a complicated mess thatā€™s for sure. Not sure Iā€™ve seen anything like it before.

1 Like

Think it would be unfair if they didnā€™t get any prize money.

@Mysty :arteta:

2 Likes

Renault (and future Renault) drivers on a madness :santi:

Cyril gassed them up to take everybody out, looks like.

When Seb is not on the wet no one can stop him. Hopefully Monza is gonna be the same next sunday.

I was about to say, bet you were happy at the weekend results.

Seb win, Lewis not happy and Kimi retired :arteta: :xhaka:

Sadly @Electrifying your video came true to life once again :santi: Was not a happy bunny, yesterdays race in general was really meh. Only good thing was the championship closed up but other than the start, pretty unmemorable race.

1 Like

Yep for Seb, but we lost important points with Kimi :xhaka:. Not his fault though.

Also get it up ye Porsche, vanity project time beaten by F1 behemoths, with all their rules and regulations easy.