Cricket

Apparently he’s going to New Zealand to practise. Close enough. Hopefully the ECB will stop being so stubborn and will bring him back for the third test with it nicely poised at 1-1 :sunglasses: I get why they feel the need to punish him, but he hasn’t even been convicted of anything yet and he is clearly allowed to travel. They should let the authorities deal with it first.

England win the toss and have sent Australia into Bat in Adelaide.

Not sure that was a smart play by Root really. It’s the first session of day one and the Kookaburra hasn’t swung at all, yet all of England’s seamers rely on it given that we have no express pacers. Given the rain in the outfield and the breeze, those bowling conditions will probably get worse. I don’t know it just looks a bit ominous. If your only real hope for creating chances is to bowl full, it’s never a good sign. Maybe the conditions might help Moeen’s off spin?

Australia 138-2, Stoneman put down one he should have taken to dismiss Khawaja.

England loving it under the lights so far.

Yep. Got the most important wicket!

Yeah Steve Smith is the best Bat in world cricket, savage blow for us that one.

Handscomb and Marsh did well to get to stumps and have us 209-4. Very similar opening day to Brisbane but Australia batting instead of England.

Stay up very late… or get up very early… choices…

Unless you’ve got an unexpected week off work… Get up very early all day long.

I think our bowlers have been poor!

Not sure on Root deciding to bowl first either but what do I know!

I’m freelance… I have work to do but can choose my hours this month, so…might just go for an all nighter.

My 70 year old neighbours are having some kind of beer pong tournament by the sound of it anyway.

Shaun Marsh, never doubted him.

Fell asleep. Just woke up. Raining. :roll_eyes:

Bizarre weather for Adelaide at this time of year, anyone would think it’s at Edgbaston

I think the weather saved us a bit there. Still going to be tough to rescue a draw though.

England bowled out for 227, would have liked to see us enforce the follow on to be honest.

Waking up to an England batting collapse. Shocker. :expressionless:

If Smith had enforced the follow on, we’d probably be watching Bairstow and Woakes batting by now! But I guess he wants to give the bowlers a rest.

England have bowled extremely well in this night session, had the ball zipping around all over the place.

Yeah, the conditions suit Jimmy A. Was about to say he should have had Smith’s wicket too, stupid DRS. But Woakes has just got justice for us there anyway :laughing:

I wonder if he is regretting his decision not to enforce the follow on?