Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Giannis is an absolute star in the making love watching him play. Bucks have a bright future with him and Jabari Parker.

Wish the Blazers could play the Lakers 82 times a season.

Philadelphia are having their breakthrough season of sorts. They won the last eight out of ten games.

They better seeing as theyā€™ve been tanking for top draft picks for about 10 years now lol.

1 Like

People are giving them too much of a hard time tbh. If Embiid didnā€™t get injured ā€˜The Processā€™ would have started sooner. But nobody has time for those kind of nuances.

Has a team with a same talent level as the Heat ever gone on a 13 game win streak before ? I canā€™t recall something like this, amazing scenes.

Cousins has been traded to New Orleans. Both Davis and him now have the help they have been waiting for. I hope this works out for them, because for me a great front court seems the answer to counter Golden Stateā€™ death line-up. Itā€™s going too take them one or two years to work things out though.

3 Likes

Chris Paul should head back to New Orleans and join them when heā€™s a free agent.

2 Likes

I know the salary cap has risen quite a lot, but three max players seems a bit much. We still need to see how thatā€™ll play out with Golden State. Players probably need to take lesser salaries. More shooters and at least a capable point guard (what Holiday is) seems to be a better fit than a dominant point guard like Chris Paul albeit Paul is a great shooter too. Cousins and Davis are both capable passers.

Cousins and Davis can be the best frontcourt since 1999 Duncan/Robinson.

Iā€™m very curious how this plays out. I canā€™t remember teams with two all-star/all-nba players on their team, in-or-entering their prime, who werenā€™t winning.

Ibaka to Toronto, Lou Williams to Houston and Bogdanovic to Washington. Teams are trying to get players but none of it will be enough to stop Cleveland or Golden State.

1 Like

I think if Boston landed a top 10-15 player in the league theyā€™d be a serious threat to the Cavs. Obviously thatā€™s a big if though :joy:

I really doubt a team build around Thomas and f.e. Butler is going to beat Cleveland and Golden State. If I were Danny Ainge I kept all the picks and start collecting talent for the A.L. (After LeBron)-Era. But maybe they can suprise me if they pull the trade off.

1 Like

I agree I was thinking more DMC though before he went to the Pelicans. But yeah they are likely better keeping the picks and look to cash in post James era.

@BigWeng_4LYFE

Itā€™s rumored George is Laker bound unless the Pacers get significantly better in the near futureā€¦

Imagine getting Cousins too, if he doesnā€™t sign an extension with New Orleans.

:henry2:

1 Like

It depends on what we have to give up for George. I donā€™t want to lose Ingram or any of our young core. Cousins is an amazing player but a little bit of a head case, and i doubt that team is good enough to beat GSW. Now if we got George, Cousins, and then Westbrook in 18 monthsā€¦thatā€™s a different story.

I donā€™t think they will trade for George anyway, but wait out the next 1,5 year tbh. They are both free agents in 2018.

Btw I would sacrifice this whole Lakers team for Cousins and George. They are fairly young themselves (26).

Theyā€™ll be old by then. Besides the new CBA will have kicked in and they will have to take a 75m paycut to switch teams. Only way the Lakers will get anyone is by trading our youngsters.

1 Like

28ā€¦ with the high pick in the 2017 draft and Ingram the Lakers will have a core to compete immediately.

I reckon George will be fed up with his situation if nothing changes. The money is nice, but Iā€™d guess he would want to compete. Hasnā€™t Cousins lost that money already, because he got traded?