Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

I think it’s true to some extent, I question the move to the Lakers in the first place even. Just seemed like a team and brand that aligned well his interest in other areas

I think the real ‘push’ on that trade was mostly coming from AD’s camp if anything. I feel like AD’s desire to be a Laker is stronger than Bron’s desire to bring him there.

I love LBJ but I don’t have much sympathy for him regarding this situation, he could have signed for several teams better equipped to go deep into the playoffs this season.

The issue tho is that Lebron isn’t a plus plus defender anymore. In that loss to NO Lebron was the worst starter on the team in plus minus at -10. When Lebron was out we were the 7th best defense in the league, since he’s returned we are 23rd. Losing Lonzo hurt that as well considering he’s our best defender.

Having said that tho he’s still been an offensive juggernaut and before he missed 17 games we were comfortably in 4th in the West, so it’s not all doom and gloom. Most pundits are saying the Lakers are the team you don’t want to sneak into the playoffs and have to face in the first round.

Ultimately tho the responsibility is going to have to rest solely on Luke Walton if we don’t make the playoffs. Last season in the 2nd half the Lakers were a good team and over .500, we had injuries but we shouldn’t have folded like we did. All season the major issue has been effort, and that lands on the coach. I really want Mark Jackson as our coach, he worked wonders with that young GSW team.

Obviously his move to LA is about his career after basketball and becoming a billonaire and stuff. Which is fair enough. But I think if he wasn’t in the picture, and wasn’t as old, AD would have waiting until the summer or his free agency. I really believe James/Paul gave him that last push.

@BigWeng_4LYFE the record before his injury is why I think the Lakers are going to get it eventually. The Kings will probably buckle under pressure/are too young and the Clippers should want that (late) lottery pick in stead of getting swept by Golden State…

1 Like

I hope ur right but the Clippers don’t seem to be accommodating us atm, they keep winning.

Another loss for the Lakers, this time to the slumping Grizzlies.

1 Like

I want to believe that the Lakers are gonna make it as @SDGooner made a logical argument for, but holy fuck I think there’s a lot of issues. Poorly constructed team especially the bench. And the largest issue is Walton’s coaching. Clearly nobody has bought into the guy and their defense is poor which is all about effort. He’s not been able to get a consistent effort from these guys night in and out. The only hope is that they put together like a 10 game win streak. It’s annoying af because the clippers will drop, and San Antonio is choking too, but the Lakers are just shit.

1 Like

Another big statement from Jokic tonight, 36-9-10 in a win over okc that puts the Nuggets firmly in control of the 2 seed.

The Front office and Bron tried to have the half the roster traded for AD. Bron response is essentially “get over it while I stand still on defence”.

No one is comming out and giving 100% for this team which Bron has more influence over rather than Luke.

Luke is the scapegoat for a poorly constructed Roster LeBron had a hand in building

2 Likes

He is the fucking MVP. Leading his team to the #2 seed in the West is no joke.

1 Like

Can’t see him winning it though, personally think Giannis will take it out with the Bucks winning 60 +.

1 Like

LOL. Everything predicted doesn’t happen. The Clips keep winning and the Lakers are currently 3-7 after a loss against the Suns(!) last night. Sadly the Kings couldn’t take advantage with a three loss losing streak.

No playoffs for lebron this year it seems, horrible management of the trade deadline, the team is dismantled.

1 Like

Everything u said was logical and this team should be a 50 win playoff team (injuries were the real killer) but this team have folded. Funny thing is it’s not our young guys they are balling. It’s all the veterans that are on one year deals and out of here in the summer. They’ve packed it in and aren’t playing with any urgency. Honestly this has shades of Arsenal in Wenger’s last season. The coach will take the fall but a lot of the players gave up.

Oh and Doc Rivers >>>> Luke Walton

1 Like

5.5 games out of 8 seed with 18 games to play for the Lakers…

I don’t want Denver to face the Spurs in the first round. Afraid the coaching of Popovich and their experience will knock them out.

Who do you want Denver to face then ? I assume the Clippers ? Because all the teams above Spurs are stronger and tougher opponents than spurs.

I think the Spurs are more dangerous for Denver than the Clippers would be tbh. I feel like it’s just a bad match up for Denver.

LeBron overtakes MJ and into 4th on the all time scoring list.

I saw highlights of the last couple of Lakers games, it looks like Lebron is taking the piss at times, completely casual.

Hate the Lakers, so always happy to see them self-destruct. But LeBron accomplished more with less in Cleveland. Injuries haven’t helped, not the trade that wasn’t. But I never thought they’d make the playoffs this season. They have some talent, but too many 1 years deals to paper over the cracks. Will be a shame not to see LeBron in the playoffs though.

This summer will be very interesting with the free agent class that’s coming up.

2 Likes