NFL

Sure he wanted dividends on shares

Iā€™d forgotten that happened. Worth noting that our profits in 2007 were about 5m. Also he subsequently said thisā€¦

So what I take from that is the statement was more about putting pressure on to let him in rather than actually wanting the clubs money.

No sweatpants in public, "ideal body weight" requirements and personal hygiene tips: A look inside the rule books for NFL cheerleaders https://t.co/KNHuAkMAxW

ā€” The New York Times (@nytimes) 2 april 2018

This kind of stories and players saying the NFL is the ā€˜No Fun Leagueā€™. The most popular sport in the USA is run like a dictatorship.

Iā€™m not American so Iā€™ve never really seen the point of cheerleaders beyond providing stimulus for the men watching. It seems pointless to me so I wouldnā€™t be bothered if all 32 teams binned them tomorrow.

Iā€™m all for workers rights such as increased pay and better benefits but as far as the extensive rules go: If you donā€™t like it donā€™t sign up.

Loving the draft coverage!

Darnold to go number 1

Goodell being booed mercilessly, wouldnā€™t be NFL draft tradition draft without it

Itā€™s Mayfield!!

Damn Browns flipped it on everybody!! This will get interesting now

Gaints trust in Eli. Glad barclay isnā€™t going to to San Fran

1 Like

Lol Browns are such a joke. No doubt now that Mayfield will be a bust. Btw Browns really fucked their draft. You take Barkley first then no matter what you get your QB. Instead they took Mayfield (wut lol) 1st and then Barkley is gone immediately because heā€™s the best player in the draft. This is why theyā€™ve won like 4 games in the last 4 years lulz.

1 Like

Whatā€™s this proposed Wembley deal all about then? Does it fuck over spurs in any way with that deal they signed?

Doubtful since the scum signed a contract with the NFL. Seems more like Khan wants to move his team to London permanently. Jacksonville has the worst turnout on game day, the fans there donā€™t really give a shit, so he would probably benefit greatly by being the one and only London team. Most sporting leagues here try to put teams in that area of the country which is mostly where old ppl retire and it usually always fails lol.

On a side note, if the Jaguars do get moved to London should they keep their nickname, if not what would be a good name for a London NFL team?

1 Like

Unlikely at this point but things could turn sour down the line in a major way.

The whole point of the Spurs stadium deal was to allow more flexibility in scheduling for international games without the NFL using major capital to secure a stadium for their own use. Having Wembley, which is a pretty ideal location, under full NFL control through a cooperative owner reduces the need for usage Spurs ground.

You may get one token at their ground as a sign of good faith before the agreement evaporates altogether.

I donā€™t really see the benefit or logic of moving the team to London. Part of the deal is he wants to make sure the Jags are ā€˜Londonā€™s teamā€™ by continually hosting game there every year and making sure the NFL canā€™t change the arrangement after 2020

2 Likes

How can teams have an away game that is 8 hours away on a plane? Surely the NFL fans arenā€™t happy about this?

Thanks fellas. That retractable pitch might be worth fuck all down the line then.

Iā€™d imagine if they did move to London an did play in Wembley theyā€™d be called the London Lions :tired_face:

@Calum Iā€™ve always assumed away fans arenā€™t really a thing in US sports. Youā€™ve already got scenarios of LA v NY which is what? 5 hours flight anyway? But I obviously donā€™t know that for certain.

2 Likes

Lol donā€™t worry youā€™d be spared the Lions name because that happens to be the name of the Detroit team :joy:

And yes you are correct for pro teams we donā€™t travel. American sports fans will only really travel for college football because itā€™s a regional thing. Even then if I wanted to travel to see USC play Stanford itā€™s still like an 8 hour drive up to northern California.

3 Likes

Interesting

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/999331515669590016

1 Like

True. The only away team jerseys youā€™ll see at a game are usually local folks with a penchant for the visitors. Some teams have more of a following than others in this regard. Toronto Maple Leaf jerseys at an Edmonton Oilers home game in the NHL, for example.

Iā€™m still pissed off I didnā€™t get any tickets for the Eagles at Wembley. Iā€™m a Philly girl and wanted nothing more than to get tickets to that match, but being ready to go on time to buy did frak all. Constant error messages until they were all sold out. And I bet there are so many going who donā€™t even give a frak about either team.

2 Likes

Unless you are in Philly, NYC, NJ, DC. You will get fans who travel for pro sports as itā€™s only a couple of hours.

Nice, but the closest team here is the Calgary Flames (a three-hour drive). After that itā€™s the Vancouver Canucks, a 12-hour drive. Beyond that, itā€™s flights. Itā€™s the price of living way out west. :slight_smile:

The US and Canada are so massive, itā€™s crazy. I grew up in the Philly area, so I could actually travel if I wanted to, but I left before I could do that on my own. Moving to London and getting into football was new experience. I love having an away crowd.

2 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Rams FO doing the bits :fire: