NFL

Did the saints get home advantage due to being an 8 points better off on differential? I only ask as both the Saints and Rams went 13-3.

The Saints beat the Rams during the regular season

2 Likes

Cheers, I thought that was the other scenario, wasnā€™t sure which was the deciding factor.

No problem buddy, you devloping an interest? Now is the best time to do so :sweat_smile:

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs)
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  5. Strength of victory
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed
  9. Best net points in common games
  10. Best net points in all games
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games
  12. Coin toss

Probably best I donā€™t develop to much of an interest as I have enough sports I follow in pretty big detail haha.

I do like to keep tabs on whatā€™s happening and have a basic understanding of pretty much most sports though.

1 Like

Itā€™s my first season following NFL properly, I gots loadsa questions :smile:

3 Likes

Whoā€™s your team?

Drop basketball bud, the parity in the NFL makes it far more interesting

@Robin_L - Go for it

More so when younger but Iā€™ve always been able to watch pretty much any sport. Kabaddi is my favourite semi obscure sport. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a Ravens fan via a reasonably legit family connection. :smile:

And Iā€™m still not yet certain on how they work out who plays who :eyes:

Is it 6 games vs same division opponents, 4 games vs each team in one AFC division (selected how?), 4 games vs each team in one NFC division (selected how?) and then 2 pulled out of a hat or something

1 Like

6 games against divisional opponents

4 games against a division in the opposite conference. For example, the NFC West teams played against the AFC West teams this season. There are 4 divisons in each conference so itā€™s rotated every four years

4 games against a division within your own conference, For example, Within the NFC conference the NFC West teams played against the NFC North teams this season. There are 4 divisions in each conference so itā€™s rotated every four years.

2 games against teams that finished in the same position as your team did last season. For example, Rams won the NFC West last season, Saints won the NFC South and Eagles NFC East. The Rams played them both this season due to finishing first last year.

Itā€™s a very efficient system

2 Likes

So those final 2 are always teams within the same conference?

Yes, one on the road and one at home Against a team which similarly placed last season, for the Ravens this season I believe that was the Titans and Bills

Oh, come on, the drama of the NBA is the only reason I hold interest in the NBA. I tend to watch the highlights and NBA news more than the games though. Much prefer college bball.

Ok, here we go. Iā€™m feeling the nerves big time here. One win away from the Superbowl

Letā€™s go Rams.

1 Like

Saints ahead by a bees dick :eyes:

It comes down to this

Greg the leg please
OT lets go, Starting to get worried Goff isnā€™t the guy

1 Like

These 2 teams are much better than anyone in the AFC.

Itā€™s a bit shit that itā€™s always like this, Patriots coast past bums every year to make it to the superbowl while the other teams kill eachother to make it basically.

1 Like

WE DID IT

OH MY FUCKING GOD, Iā€™M FUCKING CRYING WE FUCKING DID IT

RAMS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL IN MY LIFETIME

I canā€™t Breathe

1 Like

Only wanted saints to win because I hate Stan Kroenke