General News

Yea I started to watch that on Netflix and turned it off when I realised where it was going. Fuck that.

Americans loud? Why I never!

1 Like

Oh mate itā€™s so true itā€™s not even funny.

We were in the Bath cathedral (well, abbey) showing to some of her American friends who had come to visit (3 other girls) and they were just SO LOUD and combined with the Abbey acoustics you could literally hear them from any point in the church :joy:

Sheā€™s super aware about it so she tries to moderate it but when sheā€™s with other Americans, because you lot are so excitable, she often gets carried away.

To be fair, when youā€™re getting so high off all that freedom and liberty and McDonalds and crushing student debt and prescription pain killers that led you to abuse heroin and a collapsing political structure due to old white people being racist as fuck itā€™s easy to be a little excitable.

Morocco and especially Marrakech arenā€™t conservative Muslim countries. Itā€™s right in the middle of Western and eastern culture. Weā€™re proud of our culture and tradition but they donā€™t treat foreigners the same way they treat locals. Maybe a young Moroccan man or woman who drinks, doesnā€™t dress conservatively and so on might get frowned upon but tourists donā€™t because theyā€™re not expected to adhere to Islamic traditions.

And to be honest with you, Iā€™ve seen worse and more aggressive cat calling in South London lol. Not saying itā€™s not a problem but itā€™s certsinly not a problem exclusive to Morocco - you get that everywhere in the world no matter where you go.

1 Like

No offence mate, but any country where homosexuality is illegal is by definition conservative in my opinion.

Doesnā€™t sound that great tbh

I think he was saying it isnā€™t ā€œconservative Muslimā€ rather than saying isnā€™t ā€œconservativeā€, thatā€™s probably a distinction worth making, because I think thereā€™s a difference.

Marrakech is a very gay friendly city. There are plenty of things for gay people to do in Marrakech and plenty of accommodations that accommodate for gay couples.

Homosexuality being illegal is a negative but the city is tolerant of gay couples. And certainly one of the more progressive countries in Africa.

Also @Calum if you go to Morocco youā€™ll realise how safe it is as a country and how much of a good time tourists have. We have good night life, good places to eat, good history and amazing excursions. Those travel warnings are just basically telling people to not go abroad and totally disrespect peopleā€™s customs and women travelling alone or in small groups are at threat anywhere in the world.

1 Like

If you want to see a country thatā€™s really hostile to homosexuals, I can show you Jamaica, itā€™s really sad. Not to be a downer or anything.

This country is truly fucked

1 Like

Ban drones.

Wouldnt be much of a forum if we done that.:thinking:

1 Like

Guided missiles

Thatā€™s what you need

:arteta:

Man I got to give it to the British. They are the best liars and the cleverest crooks in the world.

The image they have cultivated for themselves has helped hide and cover up dodgy shit in all aspects for centuries.

Iā€™m reminded of Wiggins raging at Gatlin now and laughed in real life :poldi:

Fair play lads, fair play :arteta:

1 Like

@Mysty

6 Likes

Howling

The accuracy :sweat_smile:

Thatā€™s great :joy:

Thatā€™s why classic Simpsons is the best thing around. Thereā€™s a scene for everything to summarise a real life moment perfectly :grin:

4 Likes

How nice of Palace to help Tottenham

7 Likes