General News

I’m guessing he had no priors.

He has a previous conviction for attempted robbery

no idea then

Unbelievable. I’m all for giving people second chances but there has to surely be some sense of getting dangerous people off the streets.

Being on a curfew isn’t going to stop him carrying a knife and stop him being mental enough to use it in such a pointless situation. It’s pretty clear that this would have been a stabbing if not for the locked car.

2 Likes

I hope all the free speech warriors are on the case here.

All the usual suspects saying we should give Tommy Robinson prime-time television slots whenever he wants, I hope you’re on the case about this guy getting the sack over nothing.

1 Like

He didn’t get the sack over nothing though. CNN, like most US media outlets, take a pro-Israel stance. So it doesn’t surprise me in the least that they would fire him.

It’s certainly not a freedom of speech issue.

Those protestors in Paris are back… have had tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannon used against them by the French Police.

I need to read up on this whole yellow vest thing. Seems like there alot of political turmoil in Europe right now

also:

1 Like

3 Likes

What a horrible death :pensive:

Was he trying to take a selfie?

Was either he jumped or fell.

If anyone asks whether protests work, here’s your answer.

Well done France.

2 Likes

Violence and vandalism works

I guess so

Didn’t read the article but it’s become an epidemic at least over here. Ppl trying to take a selfie on a really high ledge for the view, losing their footing, and plunging to their deaths.

Can’t organise a tv debate yet they are in charge if leaving the EU :upside_down_face:

Would have been totally pointless anyway tbf

Yeah definitely. I now see why May wants one though, she needs public support for her deal (i.e any deal) to put pressure on MPs. The format the BBcC wanted was a question time style format which would’ve atrocious.

Where’s the value in a head to head debate?