General News

That’s a good point. That aswell haha

You’ll never catch me out on Halloween, New Years, carnival weekend or anything unless it’s a house party. I’ve been to way too many dead raves on those days I learnt my lesson lol

5 Likes

The dressing up

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure Calum is the only one who has any fun on this forum :grin: I mean I for one am definitely a miserable bastard on any public holiday.

1 Like

He also enjoys chick shows like Love Island so don’t try to compare yourself.
Some people are born without mental barriers.

2 Likes

Dressing up is the only fun part about Halloween :slight_smile:

Tragic.

Imagine how worse it would be if guns were readily available.

The problem is only going to keep getting worse.

Young men and women are being killed or violently attacked regularly because the government are ignorant to the scale of the problem. They’re so far detached from reality that they don’t truly understand how some people live. They’ve spent years neglecting the importance of investing in mental health services, youth groups and actually regenerating communities (rather than gentrifying them).

I’ve done a lot of work over the years with local youth groups and the struggle that we face to gather funds is really bad.

Me and a friend of mine applied for funding from the council to help set up a street workout facility (similar to Brixton Street Gym) as a means of getting young people off the street. We also wanted to set up some weekly classes in a local youth centre to help raise awareness of mental health issues. We got literally a fraction of what we asked for and it was barely enough to get a weekly fitness class going. They gave us some dingy room in a hall and in the end we find ourselves having to appeal to local businesses to help out. It should never be that way.

So long as everything remains so grossly underfunded problems in poorer communities will only continue to swell.

There are so many barriers to people like myself who actually want to help people around us. It’s almost as if they don’t want us to do anything but they also don’t want to do anything themselves.

9 Likes

I think you’re right but some issues on the violence go alot deeper than funding for Youth projects/outlets.

Breakdown of the family unit in today age is a big reason why kids are lead astray tbh.

Definitely. There are so many factors involved in youth violence. Breakdown in the family unit, lack of support for mental health patients, lack of investment in services to keep young people occupied, schools losing human values and becoming a results based machine, the lack of good entry level opportunities for people who don’t want to pursue education. You could go on and on.

It’s also worth noting that a reasonable number of the young men and women killed come from good families though. Someone I went to school with recently got sentenced to 8 years for conspiracy to kidnap and he came from a very good home. He’s one of many I know that had good parents but ended up in a life of crime.

Peasants killing peasants. That’s how the upper classes have seen it for many a century. They don’t give a shit.

Tell trump that :giroud:

Until there’s a Muslim Mayor of London

1 Like

What you are saying must be the experience of most like-minded organisations across the country.

These fuckers don’t give the police proper funding, what chance do community organisations have?

We are seeing the breakdown of society occurring.

America at it again

Can be easily fixed

Probably cos of all those supporting things they have holding it up.

1 Like

What’s people’s thoughts on this? British museum usually gets alot of flak for holding on to foreign nation’s relics