General News

Looool

10 Likes

Well we’re told that successful and intelligent people negotiate this way, by pretending they don’t need you and that you’re willing to walk away.

I’m assuming half of this is straight from the Brexit ministry (though I guess he might have had different ministers for that office so it might have gone differently) but I don’t think he could have bluffed in that kind of way with any kind of conviction that it was actually a possibility.

I guess what constitutes a bad deal is entirely subjective and if the net effect of Brexit had been there was no more MEPs and less money being sent to Brussels well that still would have been Brexit.

And I think plenty of leave voters would have been happy with that (not all, obviously).

I’ll caveat this by saying I’m obviously on the outside but from what I can see all the ideas about what Brexit is seem to have become polarised only after the fact. Nobody ever said Brexit means this, this and this 100% guaranteed. Cameron could have stuck around, fudged it, made minimal changes…and in the next election he could probably have still won as many seats as May did and maybe more.

1 Like

Novichok 2.

1 Like

Inb4 the crazy bastards on Twitter who blame HMG

So am I right in understanding that the view now is that the novichok was from a cigarette end that was lying in a park for about a month and that it was strong enough to kill, but the previous novichok wasn’t strong enough to kill because it was diluted by rain water? Or have I got the stories horribly confused.

Where did you hear that? Sounds plausible, I was saying yesterday that I thought those two new victims looked like they could be homeless or similar and could have picked up a cigarette to try and smoke it or something.

Does sound a bit far fetched though haha

hhmmmm, whats going on with this guy i hope he hasnt done anything dumb.

The international community did nothing when Russia annexed territory from another country in the C21st, it won’t bother itself over this

3 Likes

Could boycott the world cup.:thinking:

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s never too late to do it :henry2:

4 Likes

If we’re losing come the 89th minute Wednesday night we should do the hornerable thing and boycott the rest of the tournament. Got to put your principles above success

3 Likes

Actually think the governments response will be quiet due to the world cup tbh.

Absolutely fantastic news!!!

Did you guys know that the most asylum applications to the UK come from Eritreans (that’s right, more than Syrians, Turkish etc).

Because of these wars, they had this horrific child soldier program where mandatory prescription begins at 8 years old. That plus, one of the most authoritarian dictatorships in the world means many many people want to flee.

Hopefully, with the end to this war, this can change too. Although I don’t know how relations are with Djibouti though.

3 Likes

4 kids and their coach hopefully out safe today. That really is football coming home. Make it happen.

2 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

8 Likes