General News

Can’t celebrate in Australia anymore mate.

3 Likes

England wouldn’t know mate

4 Likes

Rowdy fckrrs the Aussies :rofl::rofl:

When are Russia gonna pull the trigger on this fucking invasion then

This is your fault…

2 Likes

How much coverage does Adele cancelling a concert in Vegas have to get on the news ffs.

1 Like

She’s really upset you heartless swine.

3 Likes

I was a touch taken aback by that recent TV gig and how everyone was so hyped, how every celebrity in Britain worthy of the title had to be seen there.

Don’t get me wrong, she’s got a great set of pipes, and has a few good tunes, but I really am not as fussed as about 80% of the British population. Like, her music is fine, I guess, but that’s it for me. It doesn’t really do much for me.

Sorta feels like the British equivalent of Beyonce, in that people look shocked and appalled if you’re like “she’s fine, and clearly talented, but I don’t buy the genius/artist of a generation angle”, as if you’d just punted their little sausage dog over the park fence and into oncoming traffic.

13 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever listened to Adele or put her on of my own free will.

Find her music to be pretty boring standard pop stuff and the only time I’m ever exposed to it is in films, tv and adverts etc.

9 Likes

I quite like her style as a celebrity / big musical act. I don’t know what her social media is like but she doesn’t appear to crave too much attention from what I can see. Puts out an album every 5 years, does a little bit of promo for that album in the places it’ll most me seen, does a few big shows and then back in her cave to live what I guess is an ordinary-ish life.

She reminds me a bit of the royal family, where the complete lack of access during this age of celebrities being absolutely everywhere makes people go completely mad for it. That big deal around her losing a bit of weight was the first I’d seen of her in like 3 years.

3 Likes

It’s true she can sing and I’m sure some of her songs are tolerable but is she so great that she gets so much free publicity from the BBC.
Her face was splashed all over every programme, advertising her over the top self indulgent, “An Audience With” love in.

I didn’t watch it but I saw a clip of sycophantic celebrities, like Emma Thomson fawning all over her.
I don’t get the fascination with her.
What’s the difference between what she, and say someone like Alison Moyet, was doing ages ago?

2 Likes

She’s a bit ‘meh’ like most pop artists today. Its no hate against her, she can clearly sing and seems like a nice person. But her songs are just like Ed Sheerans, nothing special and rather repetitive.
Like many artists it’s decided for us (by labels and media) what we should like and listen to.

5 Likes

Prince Andrew still has some friends then. Unfortunately for him those friends are the DUP.

3 Likes

Just in case you’re wondering, this is what pushed this post from one I was nodding along with to one that I felt I had to hit the like button for. Marvellous work, sir.

1 Like

Its terrible that this even needs to be a thing

2 Likes

Interesting stuff

Reports saying that Russian forces are already in the Ukraine and that the UK are pulling out non essential embassy staff.

This war has been going in for at least 8 years already with the whole Crimea situation. The west just sat by, watched and pretty much let him get away with it, of course he’s going to push his fucking luck and try for the bigger fish, the guy is fucking despot.

By creating instability, the value of his gas and oil exports go up, generating revenue for largesse to shore up his waning popularity.

It’s expand or die time and this is what makes the situation so dangerous.

He has little time left to make a permanent mark on Russian history, other than as a mafia overlord

1 Like

I really hope the west gets our shit together and supports Ukraine properly when shit hits the fan.

Very disappointed so far by Germany’s inaction and spinelessness so far, regardless of their dependence on Russian gas. Embarrassing for them as a nation.

2 Likes

What do you think is the difference between the reception to this and, say, if it was Abdul Ahmed instead of Sean Pinner and Syria instead of Ukraine?

I guess the threat of home grown terror attacks may play a part.

But then I doubt Sean or Johnny would have any trouble returning to the UK, unlike Shamima Begum

Maybe some nations just want to keep their noses out of other country’s businesses and not get involved in a war where a fuck load of people are gonna die.

1 Like