General News

It states Dublin citzens being disrespected by Geldof. Are you mate.

Was thinking the same. Disney is soooo fucking beyond PC Fox News is done with their current format, itā€™s gotta be right?

Fox News and Fox Sports arenā€™t covered in the deal. They stay where they are.

On net neutrality, lol good luck you yanks, I would hope nothing like this would ever gain traction here but you never know.

1 Like

Faux News can Faux Off.

Well, no, but I think those things are stupid and pointless anyway.

The US controls the major parts of the internetā€™s infrastructure. Donā€™t be fooled into thinking this is contained to the US.

what. Internet infrastructure is perfectly local. The US controls a major part of the US internet and sites that originate there, which maybe by number is a majority of the sites if that is what you mean.

But that doesnā€™t mean net neutrality is threatened anywhere else based on the US effect on infrastructure? A European network would an does function perfectly fine without any involvement of the US whatsoever obviously. Just because American search engines, social media platforms and online shopping sites are the most popular at the moment doesnā€™t mean that if those sites went down the world would be forever in darkness, people would just skip over to whatever the largest non-US sites are and continue about their day. Or did I misunderstand you?

Well, the local infrastructure is certainly controlled by us. This is why the UK and most of Europe have very good competition for ISPā€™s which drives the prices down, and speeds up. America has almost the complete opposite, a real lack of competition which has driven prices up.

The issue is how those local infrastructures connect with one another, and the policies which govern them.

Clever move by Rajoy. Really!

2 Likes

I find the discussion over nationalising the railways quite interesting. Iā€™m not against nationalisation outright. If they were to come under public ownership Iā€™d need evidence thatā€™s itā€™d would not run at a loss for years and there was a desire to make profit

Iā€™m in complete support of the nationalisation of the railway system.

4 Likes

Agreed. GWR and co. are all fucking dog shit.

However, itā€™s not entirely their fault that the UK has a rail infrastructure that is centuries old and hugely difficult to upgrade and modernise due to the extreme reliance the population has on it.

Nationalising it all wouldnā€™t fix the old railways or the fact that the thousands of dinky little railway bridges in the UK are too small so you canā€™t implement bigger passenger and freight carriages.

For a country that was in part made prosperous by the invention of the railway you really wouldnā€™t be able to tell. Trains in continental Europe tend to be miles ahead of ours, even though the train companies here still have the nerve to increase fare prices.

3 Likes

Some of our franchised networks are actually run by the nationalised companies of European countries, and we get charged horrendous amounts whilst their domestic citizens get very reasonable fares.

We are literally subsidising the cheap fares people pay in other countries. Itā€™s an absolute fucking joke.

An actual majority of the British public support nationalizing the railways. Iā€™m a big fan of nationalisation generally but almost nobody else is in terms of the electorate, I think the fact that people are when it comes to railways shows just how broken the system really is.

3 Likes

Yeah I remember watching a video on YouTube about how the French, Dutch and German National railways own shares in a lot of the British rail companies haha we literally subsidise the cheap fares of other European countries and Brexit wonā€™t change that :joy:

My weekly on the train has went up 50p! pricks

1 Like

At least you fucks have trains. The Irish rail system is completely rubbish.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been in favour of nationalising the trains. Itā€™s a no-brainer.

1 Like