General News

This is him, apparently. Was released 2 days ago on a $1,000 cash bail bond.

Is it me, or does $1000 seem like a low bail amount for someone facing not one, but two felony charges?

Thoughts @Joshua?

1 Like

What makes you say this? Generally Trump voters tend to appreciate Christmas markets and parades.

Maybe itā€™s a Biden voter, unhappy with the Rittenhouse verdict?

Letā€™s not throw around dirt without proper evidence @Cristo

Who cares who he voted for.

Speaking of evidence.

Maybe the Rittenhouse angle is more likely.

I donā€™t care. But someone posting ā€œTrump voter?ā€ Reeks of bias and dirty innuendo in my opinion.

Let the facts emerge first before guessing to what political spectrum the perpetrator adheres to.

But you kinda already joined in speculating about where they might belong on the political spectrum?

Based on the article as itā€™s stated that one of his Facebook or Twitter post he was not to happy on the rittenhouse verdict. You could speculate to which he affiliates himself with. Again based on evidence so far not just nothing

1 Like

It was a response to Cristo speculating itā€™s a Trump voter. For the balance.

As it stands: fuck Trump and fuck Biden. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like this a lot.

2 Likes

:eyes:

Cash bail is horrendously outdated.

The whole idea is you are either a flight risk or a threat to public safety. In some jurisdictions there is no cash bail but you have graduated levels of pretrial supervision. You may have to check in once a day at a probation office, once a week, wear a GPS monitor, be on house arrest pretrial. Itā€™s only in situations where the person is such a flight risk and/or public safety risk that there are no bail conditions appropriate that remand (or hold without bail) is used. Obviously some judges are more harsh than others. It leads to some pretty silly and unfair outcomes imo. People being held without bail on simple traffic charges while wealthy people with super serious charges can post cash bail and luxuriate on their yachts pretrial.

As far as this case, I read the article to mean he was released just prior to the ramming incident on just $1k bail for something unrelated. It could have been for any charge. Probably something less serious than murdering someone with a car.

Apparently itā€™s domestic abuse andā€¦ get thisā€¦ jumping bail.

He also has a post about how to get away with running people over on the street.

:eyes: indeed

2 Likes

He posted stuff about hitting White people and also pictures of dead White peopleā€¦

Now, itā€™s obviously speculation at this point, but in addition to the ā€œBlack Nationalismā€ stuff, this could be an Anti-White terrorist attackā€¦

2 Likes

Bail jumping ffs :man_facepalming:t2:

Domestic cases are really odd. Iā€™ve had situations where the defendant is accused of some awful stuff, the victim comes to court with a black eye or dark sunglasses and begs the judge to let him out because he earns money to support the household and the judge is like ā€œokay, if you want him out, Iā€™ll let him out and itā€™s on the record that you, the person he just assaulted, asked for this.ā€

People donā€™t want to hear it but some of these people are as bad as KKK white supremacists. Just the same thing but under a different guise.

There is no reason to ever hate anyone based on something as stupid as the colour of their skin unless that person is racist themselves.

7 Likes

I agree, but it is important to remember that this is just speculation - it doesnā€™t excuse the bile he posted but we absolutely do not know yet whether or not this was motivated by his views.

Some people are now saying it could have been an accident - that heā€™d just committed a crime and this was a tragic accident in his getaway. I donā€™t know. All I know is 5 people have died and many more injured and thatā€™s really upsetting.

2 Likes

Thing is though, Iā€™ve seen lots of these BLM/Antifa people tweet and casually be racist or anti-Semitic and they never get called out for it. Just like his posts above, that guy is a full on racist.

3 Likes

Someone committed a crimeā€¦ then tried to escape and those pesky people were in his way, so he ran over them, killed 5, injured a few dozen.

Donā€™t know about you, but to me that looks like an absolute psychopath with zero empathy for the people he just killed regardless if it was intentional or unintentional. It is low-key mass murder.

On top of that his expressed views donā€™t paint a great picture of him in any shape or form. Bigoted racist is what he is.

1 Like