General News

Think that’s a myth. The Queen can make any town a city.

1 Like

It was true that the presence of a cathedral dictated city status, but hasn’t been true for quite a long time now.

3 Likes

Wolverhampton (SHITHOLE) is a city, without having a cathedral.

And Bury St Edmunds has a cathedral, but isn’t a city.

3 Likes

My friend got married there this summer. Lovely scenery but the worst town centre I’ve ever seen in my life. Devoid of life.

Funny, innit? I used to live in a town here in Alberta called Leduc. The population at the time was a static 12,000 or so. No cathedrals, but it applied for, and was granted, city status in 1983. All it seemed to gain was a posher City Hall and more traffic lights.

1 Like

Round 2

1 Like

Thankfully no one gets run over in that vid. Still uncomfortable watching though.

Well done that person

Stupid annoying earth twats

1 Like

That’s BS imo, its not acceptable to intentionally make contact with a person with your car because they’re inconveniencing you.

I was more supportive of this lot (or rather, XR) initially, but have since revised my view and agree with those who argued from the start that it’s a very counterproductive way of going about it, but that still doesn’t make it acceptable to do what that woman did.

7 Likes

Go on the road and push and annoy drivers to the limit this is what happens.

I wouldn’t do it myself but you don’t know how people will react if you constantly antagonise them for no reason.

Running people over is not great I will admit…BUT, they are on the road, they should NOT be on the road…If a car drove on the pavement, just imagine the uproar then!
If I was taking someone to an urgent hospital appointment and these idiots were in the road not moving, I don’t know what I would do…But I would be tempted…

Well yeah, clearly that is true, because they went on the road and that is indeed what happened. But that doesn’t justify it.

So they’re sat in the road for no reason, just cos they fancy it? Lol

Big of you to admit that lol

2 Likes

Basically as what ever they are protesting against why would this government especially give a fuck ?

Plus they can surely do other protests instead of glueing themselves to the road like silly twats annoying the general public isn’t gonna get you support

If they had a government that really gave a fuck about the environment they wouldn’t have much reason to protest. Surely an unwilling and unresponsive government is the reason why people protest, not the reason why they shouldn’t?

Look, fair play on what you say about them being silly twats, as I said in my first post, I’ve come round to pretty much agreeing on that point, and the point you make about it not winning you support. But I don’t think that justifies essentially committing a minor assault with a vehicle.

But I happen to believe that civil disobedience is an important form of protest and something that should be expected and accounted for, to an extent, in a free, democratic society - so I guess I would say that its not acceptable to assault protestors.

2 Likes

When you’re cheering on running people over, it’s time to take a look in the mirror.

2 Likes

I happen to believe that anyone stupid enough to sit in a feckin road where there is traffic, is a total idiot, and deserves everything they get!

How easy people will defend violence, when the victims are people they don’t like.

2 Likes

How about people who park on the footpath blocking routes for disabled people and families? If someone slashed their types and tipped the car on its roof, fair enough?

Those people on the roads are idiots. Drivers are a bunch of entitled arseholes though.

2 Likes

Well fair enough, I guess both of our posts on the topic say something about the kind of people we are.