General News

Maybe some guys think they’re being nice, that it’s a compliment. But it just makes me feel embarrassed and self conscious.

I think it’s all ego driven. Guys trying to prove how manly they are. Sort of an imperative to make a pass at every woman they see even if they’re across the street.

Lived there for 17 years. It’s a great town if you don’t mind Bejing type smog levels. The skiing is amazing. The mountains are beautiful and you’re just a couple of hours away from Southern Utah. Southern Utah is one of my favorite places on the planet. Stunningly beautiful.

Edit: Cristo is right to a certain extent. If you live in Salt Lake proper it’s a very diverse community. There are other communities like Park City that are an exception, but outside of those areas it is creepy as fuck. Stepford Wives is a very apt description of Mormon culture.

2 Likes

I lived there for a short spell some years ago, that shit is no joke. Took this picture out the window from a building in the middle of the city one day:

No that is not rain fog, that is like noon an otherwise clear day with bad smog. And no, that’s not the edge of the city with those houses there, that 20mn pop. city goes on for like 100 km in all directions, there’s a beautiful mountain range with woods and shit far in the background there which you can see on a good day :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

At the end of the video…“you’re willing to lose your life over a tree”

They’ve got the kid for life now.:grin:

the mum is thicc

anyway I remember XR lot tried block the tube from stratford at 6am when all the builders usually commute and they got their shit rocked basically.

The Insulate Britain bunch misguided lot, their “direct action” has largely worked against their cause and given unreceptive government license to make thin laws curbing protest and enhancing arrest powers.

I think there’s a better approach than inconveniencing ordinary folks tbh

6 Likes

The Twitter thread of that mum video is so harsh. Everyone is on about her Range Rover. So what if she drives one?

Take it up with the RTO and limit the vehicles in the city of you have a problem with it.

Thicc she is :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Man that’s a really dumb way to go about making a point.

1 Like

:clap:

Wtf happened in Norway tonight. Bow and arrow attack leaving 5 dead.

Our species is so fucked.

According to police, the suspect walked around downtown Kongsberg shooting arrows.

What on earth goes through peoples head to carry out such attack.

“I’m going to get on the news and be famous!”

A 37 year old Danish citizen apparently. Converted to Islam a while back. Was known to hang around radicalised groups. He has also had mental health issues. Used to practice with a sword in his backyard according to neighbours. Had a restrain order for having threatened a relative.

This is what I’ve gathered from Norwegian media today. Not sure if anything of it is confirmed or not.

Also interesting. It took the police 30 minutes to get there, despite a off-duty officer (who also was attacked) calling it in. All victims were killed after the police arrived, not before.

He was half Danish apparently, only his mother was Danish.

Just clearing that up :gabriel:

1 Like

Still a Danish citizen :wenger2:

1 Like

I’ve always wondered are these types of incidents increasing or is the global coverage more effective in bringing it to our attention?

Someone suggested to me psychosis is more dangerous in the modern era because the physical and mental condition of men has declined since the 1900s

3 Likes