General News

The two state solution (which I used to support) has been dead for years.

1 Like

Yep. I don’t think it’ll happen in any of our lifetimes. Far right governments are too deeply embedded in Israeli political choice.

I’ve listened to a lot of people who want peace, on both sides, and the one thing they tend to agree on is that the two state solution is a Western idea.

What they say, and I don’t know if it’s even possible, is that the only solution is one state where both live side by side, like they did for hundreds of years.

Maybe too much blood has been shed now for that to even be possible.

3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

All quiet on the Western front as these aggressions happen right in front of you.

When Palestinians will have enough of this and retaliate, then the media will swoop in, decrying the violence on both sides and wonder how this can stop, as if they are helpless.

Fuck off.

4 Likes
1 Like

Amazon have ridiculous ability to write stock off. Years ago, everyone used to order high value electrical items like MacBooks and iPhones from Amazon and then when it arrived - they’d claim the box was empty and Amazon would just send out a new item without even questioning it.

2 Likes

Come on is this even fair? Feel sorry for the women who’s places he took.

3 Likes

Usually unfair but Laurel has been in transition since 2012 so it may be more of a level playing field by now.
I am not sure ofcourse.

They should just create a single forum for all transathletes to compete in as there aren’t that many trans athletes to represent on Country level.

A complete joke, makes a mockery of women’s sports and I don’t understand why Caster Semenya got banned but this is allowed.

1 Like

No it won’t because he’s still has a males skeletal structure and 34 years of male testosterone to build a physique which has 90kg of muscle.

He’s a cunt and not because he’s female

2 Likes

It’s not fair in any capacity. A drug cheat who uses steroids can be clean for 10 years but he’ll still be benefiting from the muscle tissue he built during the time he took steroids.

As said above by ACM, the male skeletal structure and decades of being able to call upon high levels of testosterone (comparative to what any female would generate) are going to be a benefit to them regardless of the years of transition.

The athlete may be weaker than when they were a man with high test levels but that does not mean their strength would have diminished to the point where this becomes fair.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I just wanted to give benefit of doubt.

Yeah this bugs me too. That poor woman had to endure embarassment and stagnation of career but now everything is out the window.

Basically, it’s a bloke who isn’t good enough to beat other male weight lifters saying:
Oh look, I’ve turned into a woman because I’ve said I have, so that means I can compete against other women.

What kind of mental world are we in, that thinks this is ok?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say this is accurate. It’s a man who’s transitioned to a woman because that was her desire and now they’ve decided to continue doing something they did as a male, albeit in a female division which is what I find unfair.

But ultimately I don’t think she made the decision to transition just so she could be a successful weightlifter lol

2 Likes

Athletes are a different breed mentally…but I’m not convinced any of them are mad enough to go through gender reassignment just to get a gold medal…never mind that there is no guarantee they are ever allowed compete as no matter what some of them do their testosterone will never reduce enough to pass those tests.

I don’t know what to make of it all though. Doesn’t seem right but it also never felt right that Semenya was blocked from competing.

Semenya still had his/her testicles within her/his body and no womb. So he/she is basically a male with no shaft and hanging testicles. That is why he/she had high T levels than the average woman. But this guy I’m sorry should not be competing against other women after spending 34 years as a man. Some poor woman who has trained all her life for a gold will be getting a silver. This trans woman has been setting all sorts of records and people never say “that’s not right or fair to biological women”

Well that’s not true. Lots of people say it.

2 Likes

I maybe wrong but I believe she was aloud to compete but only if she used testosterone blocking hormones.