General News

Stroller my friend, you know how it goes. Do as I say not as I do.

2 Likes

4 Likes

For someone who had dubious links to the Nazi party before the war, he seems all of a sudden to be awfully popular with MPā€™s from the House of Commons.

1 Like

To my knowledge he had no personal link to the Nazi party. His German sisters married men who were members of the Nazi party. His mother sheltered Jewish people during the war helping them escapte the Holocaust. And he fought for the Allies during WW2

2 Likes

Options covered well there. :wink:

1 Like

Fucking hell. Eight hours to yak about a dead guy and five hours to make a serious decision affecting the whole country for years to come. Yup, uh-huh, got it.

1 Like
4 Likes

Thatā€™s the Witchell effect for you. Smarmy prick.

2 Likes

Fuck off borris, twat

ā€œGreatest country in the worldā€ at it again

In what fucking twisted mind is a group of school kids a threat to anybody.

1 Like

Beggars belief, mate.

I feel like Iā€™m aghast at the whole world right now.

1 Like

Mad really but not surprising if Iā€™m honest. Funny thing is itā€™s these people who shame and virtue signal everyone else :joy:

8 Likes

This is the issue I have when people talk about environmental issues and settle on the size of global population as being the key problem. If the earth canā€™t sustain this many people then its because of the lifestyles of certain people and the behaviour of corporations/governments etc, not because the population of earth has surpassed the upper limit of ā€œsustainableā€ and crossed into being untenable.

Itā€™s easier to say the world population has grown too big as that subtly places the blame at the feet of developing nations and means that we donā€™t have to engage in any self-reflection as a Western society. Which, by the way, should not be construed as me saying the West is singularly and entirely to blame for environmental issues. But I personally think thereā€™s an undercurrent along those lines when people focus on population size as the key issue.

7 Likes

Very well put bro.

Another problem is that In some aspects itā€™s nearly impossible to curb, cheap meat products like large bovine farms produce an insane amount of green house gases and pollution, same can be said of chicken farms etcā€¦ then thereā€™s the problem of manufacturing the trillions of shitty little plastic trinkets and pieces that are sold all over the world to the rest of the goods that are bought, sold and used on a daily basis. How do we convince people that they donā€™t need all this stuff? Or to not continuously consume cheap meat products every day? Those are just two examples, thousands of other industries which are all contributing and is because of all of us and our lifestyle choices not population size, I saw one of those did you know things once and it said you could fit all 8 billion people into a small section California. Scary to think what the future will bring really.

1 Like

Really ironic for me in work when covid hit and everyone was shopping online and China was on the hate list was seeing the amount of orders coming into the mail centre from their.
One half the time people order online they have no idea where itā€™s coming from.

3 Likes

.:joy:

The double standards and hypocrisy are real with this one, sheā€™s what you call a stupid bitch :joy:. This is why people donā€™t take these types of writers seriously. Itā€™s funny because in my family the only person who has continually refused to wear a mask is my sister in law, and the first person to get the vaccine were my sister and mother in law!

7 Likes

I was having the same conversation the other day. We feel the world is overpopulated because we converge on limited amount of cities and exhaust the resources within that area.
If we were evenly distributed, The world can properly supplement the current human population.

Journalists like her are rarely called out on what they say and if anyone dares to question them, they use the misogyny card.
BBC News is the worst for this.
Iā€™ve seen interviews where female guests will spend the whole time slagging off men, as well as telling them what to do and how to behave and then moan about mansplaining.

2 Likes