General News

That’s the thing, when you become a member of ISIS your not just joining an organisation. You become a citizen of the Caliphate, you have to renounce previous citizenships and even any previous allegiances. Your not “really” a British citizen anymore. In the same way the Syrian and Iraqi members no long consider themselves citizens of those countries. In addition in islam that idea of being aligned to any nation state doesn’t really exist anyway so up until recently I doubt she would of ever considered her self a British citizen or British at all.

That was a top post mate, she would be in violation of most of those points as would any other member. The UK most likely has something similar

1 Like

Any British person can get their citizenship revoke regardless if they were born here, especially if it’s to do with national security.

2 Likes

This happened to one of my relatives. His citizenship was taken away and he had to move back to Barbados. Born in London (so he claimed cousin says he was born in Bridgetown) but never been to the Caribbean before/or after not even for holiday :joy::rofl:

1 Like

It depends on the interpretation though doesn’t it. Groups like ISIS, Al Mahajaroon and Hizbut Tahrir believe that. A couple of decades ago the leader of HT wrote a letter to the British Army and asked them to align themselves with HT to form an Islam State coup.

1 Like

What was the story behind that? Was it a windrush thing or what happened if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

He kept getting arrested, basically from his teens until he was eventually deported. Spent the majority of his adult life in and out of Jail, for a wide variety of serious offences continually violated his probation then on his last release they started the process. Been there since 2016 now.

Don’t really know what law or whatever was used specifically though.

Fucking hell sorry to hear that mate. That’s goto be a hell of a culture shock.

1 Like

Yeah to be objective he deserved it, Xmas 2014 he had been in jail for 9 years and then broke his probation a couple of weeks after that. Can’t be in your 40s and still doing that kind of stupidness. But yeah first year he struggled to acclimatise, he’s doing ok for himself now though. Tried to move to the states a couple of times but was rejected even a tourist visa.

In the BBC story on Begum, they mentioned that the government has done this to over 150 other UK ISIS fighters. Their story just never made it to the media for whatever reason.

So it’s really not an extraordinary precedence. In any case, it seems pretty obvious to me from that interview with her that she isn’t sorry in the slightest, just sorry she got caught (or in this case sorry that ISIS failed). I particularly like the bit where she said she’d enjoyed herself and had a good time “right up until we lost Raqqa”. Still talking about ISIS in the “we” sense while begging to come back to the UK lol

5 Likes

But why would Barbados accept him?

Did she lose both of her sons?

She had 3 children. All 3 died. One died in the camp from pneumonia and the older two died from malnutrition apparently.

In that interview, she also mentioned her daughter. That’s the second child?

I am asking because it seemed her daughter was alive at the time, while reading the interview.

Yeah she had 3 kids and one had already died by the time she did the interview in 2018 or 19 I think? And then the two others died in the time since.

That’s rough.

As I was reading the thread, I was all for sympathy & second chance but reading that interview I agree with those who are against giving her sympathy.
We let off teenagers with too much evil.

Yes teenagers are impressionable and prone to manipulation but it shouldn’t take years of maturity to know that aligning yourself to a group which is actively beheading multiple individuals is wrong.

If things were going right for ISIS, she would have no regrets and continued her life. She only regrets it because it went south, not because she matured & realized that she did something wrong.

Sorry to hear about her kids (they didn’t deserve the hardship) but as an individual she is living the consequence of her actions.

1 Like

Radicalised parents I don’t care one bit about. All these kids who have been orphaned and left down there however, that’s another matter. This guys kids have been brought back to Sweden now.

https://www.thelocal.se/20190419/swedish-is-fighters-seven-orphaned-children-one-step-closer-to-returning-home
1 Like

This is the real tragedy. But atlest those kids have some hope now.

1 Like

She doesn’t deserve sympathy. I don’t think anybody wants to grant her that. Despite the fact that she was groomed from a young age and radicalised, I think the total lack of insight is beyond concerning.

But this country doesn’t do enough to combat domestic terrorism. And what also has to be understood is that as a British citizen, she should really be allowed to return home and punished as she deserves to be.

I think she’s a deplorable human being. I think she’s disgusting.

But ultimately revoking her citizenship to me says that because she’s not truly English by blood, she can become another countries problem (one which she doesn’t actually belong to because she’s never fucking been lol).

I think that I’d have the same thought process for anyone who has their citizenship revoked.

1 Like

Tend to agree, especially when you consider misguided US-UK foreign policy/intervention lead to further destabilisation of the region and enabled the creation of ISIS.

4 Likes

So why are you fucking crying so much over an ISIS cunt? @BizzySignal cousin deserves way more concern than this absolute psychopath. Bizzys cousin being sent home was a bigger issue depending on what crime he commited TBF. And even then he did it in this country as a British as a citizen here. He didn’t defect, he was simply a dual national British citizen.

If you want to fight a battle over immigrants being treated unfairly, you’re probably choosing the absolute worse candidate

2 Likes