General News

She has all the dirty laundry off that nonce prick Andrew.

Possibly literally given he stayed the night round her gaff when that infamous photo was taken

3 Likes

Yes the American Eagle is a symbol. But it is purposely meant to look like a Nazi Imperial Eagle. The artist has copied the circle under the eagle perfectly. Too much of a coincidence

This Maxwell lady apparently has tapes.

She’s got to end up suicided.

The names in that little book, fuck me.

2 Likes

Those infamous Nigerian Nazis did it too!

2 Likes

Apparently Finland only removed the Swastika from it’s airforce badge yesterday, any scandinavian twats know if that’s true @Cristo :slight_smile: :innocent:

1 Like

I do know that the Finns used to the swastika in some fashion in their military but I wasn’t aware that they only dropped it yesterday, I thought they might have done that years ago.

Also, calling them Scandinavian is a stretch FYI. It’s like calling the Irish “British”.

Perhaps @Ocke or @oompa will know more as I think the Swedes learn more about the Finns in school and tend to have a closer relationship than the Danes.

2 Likes

I had no idea and I did military service in the air force :sweat_smile: seems like something I should’ve/would’ve picked up somewhere at some point but it’s news to me lol

must’ve been awkward for quite some time for them though I imagine.

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t think so.

Finland are like countries like Belgium and Malta, where they’re so inoffensive and keep to themselves that no-one gives a shit what they do, so no-one even knew they had a Swastika involved in their air force.

Also, their Winter War with the Russians gave them enough goodwill points to get away with it for the last 75 years haha

During WW2 they sided with the Nazis after the Winter War against Russia. During the Winter War they lost most parts of Karelia to Russia and wanted to claim it back. Together with support of the German soldiers they advanced east as far as the city of Petrozavodsk. This would however not hold once Germany lost the battle of Stalingrad and were pushed back. The Finns were eventually forced to retreat back to the new border, that was established after the Winter War a few years earlier. My uncles wife was born when Karelia was part of Finland and as a baby she and her family were forced to flee and leave their home to the Russians. Those who stayed on were indoctrinated in Russia and not thought well of by either side.

Finlands siding with the Nazis had nothing to do with sharing their views of Jews and other minorities (atleast that is the common view today). It was purely strategic to get support fighting Russia. However many of the officers were trained in Germany and Hitler himself visited Finland and held talks with their head of the army Mannerheim on more then one occasion.

The most famous soldier during these times were Lauri Törni (later Larry Lane and Larry Thorne) who fought as a Lieutenant for Finland in the Winter War, as Captain in the SS for Germany in the WW2 and later moved to the USA and advanced to the rank of Major (post mortem being killed in the Vietnam War).

According to Finland they used the swastikka long before the Nazis did, since they saw it as a symbol of freedom and independence. https://www.businessinsider.com/swastika-why-finland-still-uses-2018-9

The swastikka was also part of medals and insignias during the WW2 as they replicated from the German army with whom they sided with. This is however controversial and debated, but there’s really no denying it. Here is the prestigious Mannerheim cross, with the Swastikka outlining that was part of most medals.
https://images.app.goo.gl/RXWEDaziz8jpyb5d6

10 Likes

Amazing thanks! @Dr_Strangepass

1 Like

So Hitler was hiding in Finland after the war?

:pires2: :facepalm: :ozil:

2 Likes

Yes. Under the name Adolfi Hietlerkonen.

Finland switched allegiances to the allies later in the war I forgot to say.

2 Likes

I think the thanks was for you, the tagging of Strangepass was cos he’s the one who asked the question you answered so Cristo to was letting him know it had been answered.

I read it as him thanking Strangepass first time haha

3 Likes

HahA sorry I was thanking you but drawing attention to your post for @Dr_Strangepass

2 Likes

This will be the one. Blame it on covid :joy:

5 Likes

Is that real?

Ffs these bastards.

It’s a news report from the future.

4 Likes

Date on article is 11 July haha. It’s just a good Photoshop from the future :joy:

1 Like