General News

They said they were fighting knife crime by helping to youngsters and keep them off the streets by educating them and helping them to get jobs.

I don’t recall them specifically saying they are a charity but I kind of got sucked in by the cause.

They’ve got a donate button on their website (doesn’t say much I guess lol) and I did get a receipt for my donation. Not the end of the world if that £10 goes into someone’s pocket I guess, just feel like an idiot for using my debit card.

That said @SRCJJ seems to be familiar with them which is a good sign I guess.

Yeah I actually hit the donation button, just sent me straight to PayPal where I could send money. I guess that’s probably normal for tiny, possibly newish organisations, who maybe can’t have their own dedicated donation platform like better established national charities would. It could look a bit more professional in that regard.

But yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much, I totally doubt it’s dodgy. Particularly as you got an immediate reply saying they do good work from someone who has evidently heard of them before. I hadn’t, but I was intrigued so had a little look about, and just offered some thoughts on it. But not trying to convince you you’ve made a massive balls up here lol, I’m sure it’s all good.

I work in fundraising for a charity so I’m probably a bit more attuned to what some might consider to be a lack of transparency in street fundraising. I work in a customer support team so see hundreds of complaints about street fundraising every year haha

1 Like

They’re genuinely good at what they do. It isn’t a charity as far as I know but they do a lot of work with young volunteers. They have a good mentoring system there and as far as I know they run work shops that they use as a good way to help young people develop skills that will come in handy when they enter the world of work.

2 Likes

Ok that’s awesome, thanks for the info and heads up @SRCJJ and @JakeyBoy

Glad I donated after all now, charity or not seems like a very worthy cause.

Cheers for assuaging my worries haha

5 Likes

@Cristo you just donated to someones new Porche

1 Like

Likely cause is having one to many Corona’s imo

BBC News starting off 2020 with the same energy they ended 2019 with, it seems.

2 Likes

Oh dear

9 Likes

Chinese Tourist :no_good_man:

But I guess most people would act selfish in such scenario when you are unsure if it is normal fever or the feared one.

2 Likes

Every Chinese person I’ve walked past in the city today has looked like this :mask:

1 Like

i’m with you that was a cunty move from her intention-wise.

But what may scare you guys is that people with the coronavirus are infectious for a few days before they get any symptoms.

So there will be people who have no fever or anything, unknowingly passing it onto others for days before getting ill.

3 Likes

Guess we’re all fucked then.

Just when things were finally looking up for Arsenal.

At least we wouldn’t have to see Liverpool win the league huh?

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Things were looking up? :grinning:

1 Like

Well we are tenth so we are looking a long way up.

2 Likes

:joy: Lord Lucan’s been found again. Again.

1 Like