General News

If you don’t educate your child about sex, someone else will :wink:

1 Like

Yeah it’s much better to keep kids in the dark about such things. I mean, if they’re completely ignorant about something, how can it possibly affect them?

1 Like

My kid is 7 she doesn’t need to know that

Unless that person rapes children the. I doubt it.

Exactly. Better it comes as a complete surprise to if she ever has such feelings when she’s older. She’ll probably be far too confused and scared to tell anyone. That’s a bullet dodged.

2 Likes

Sorry no, a 7 year old has no need to be equip with that knowledge. Do it with your child that’s fine; however for my daughter I decide when it’s necessary.

Right now all she needs to do is learn to read write and do maths better, learn social skills and develop.

4 Likes

Just seen and heard the sentence given to Aaron Campbell. One of the vilest and lowest form of life in the country.
No need to spend one penny on rehabilitation here. Just rot you cunt.

Who the hell is that?

Some 16 year old who abducted a six year old girl. Raped and killed her and inflicted a 117 wounds in the process.

Oh yeah I remember reading about that.

Ignorance is bliss mate :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cheers for your concern she will be fine she will have exposure to it; me having a gay nephew is enough for her to know of alternative relationships, as she grows up.

Agree, there’s no need for prepubescent children to be exposed to such concepts. The focus should really be on education and interpersonal skills.

2 Likes

You dont have to go too in depth, just, ‘there are gay people too’.

1 Like

I think the real problem is that you’re not allowed to have a debate on anything related to the transgender community without being labelled a transphobe. Which is unfortunate because there are some very strong and worthwhile debates that need to be had.

4 Likes

@mhappy why are you against knowledge? Being gay, trans or whatever is biologically determined, not taught. Some of the finest, kindest and bravest people I know are gay. I have zero problems with anyone whatever they want to be or say they are. Yet, I have zero attraction to the same sex.

It is thoroughly researched that homosexuality and all variations in sexual orientation take place across most species in the animal kingdom. We are no exception to this.

Dogma and teachings which are contra-natural are the reason why we have a (large) part of society with hatred for and discrimination against people who are different in our societies.

That’s why teaching children about the differences and teaching them understanding and acceptance is such a positive step into the right direction.

I accept gay and lesbians some of my good friends are homosexual. Was I taught about acceptance no, was I taught about respecting people and their choices yes.

I don’t have to accept for anything but I can respect you and that’s all that is needed really.

And trans on not biologically determined, I have no idea where you got that from.

Under which subject would this take place on Primary Ed curriculum?

Hetero or Homo Sexuality doesn’t need to be discussed in primary school. It’s should start in secondary

Well, these days one is a phobe of some sorts for someone somewhere on every single matter imaginable. Often being labeled a …phobe is a simple way of shutting down conversation about the problems and that is wrong. I agree with you that you should be able to hold different views on the matter without being labeled as such off the bat.

What is your definition of trans? Someone wanting to be the other gender than it is born with? It’s a neurological matter, which is a biological matter. Not talking about it, doesn’t make a trans person feel any differently than it already does inside its mind.