General News

You can demand all you want but if these standards don’t generate traffic, it won’t pay the bills for individuals working in media.

Human nature has to change where we sought out proper news rather than encourage clickbait

Personal reasons are not necessary to dislike Erdogan. Freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom of assembly are all consequently under attack since Erdogan’s reign. Thousands of dissenting journalists, politicians and even sportsmen such as Enes Kanter (Turkish NBA player, who called Erdogan “Hitler of our century”) are being arrested and jailed in Turkey.

This is not personal dude. I dislike him, because he is a dictator who oppresses these basic freedoms for those who are against him and his policies.

I have given many reasons throughout the last dozen of posts why he is a terrible person to support for Turks and non-Turks alike.

Turks being arrested by Erdogan, because they have a different opinion from them and dare to convey criticism about Erdogan.

This guy is a proto-facsist and a pure dictator. Nothing to like about him for very humanistic and general reasons. I don’t like politicians on either isle of the spectrum who are inciting violence, arresting dissidents and spewing hatred for “the others”.

Actually you can arrest for libel and defamatory comments.

Right so I read your newspapers articles from 2016, during the period when a radical Imam tried a coupe which some journalist were complicit, ok one of the whistle blowers was arrested in the scenario; however I wonder if you would have preferred an Islamic state of turkey? or turkey which is going through the what looks like democracy. An atheist feminist calling him hitler, a basketballer calling him hitler were they killed or released?

I see why you call hitler every response.

Funny they call trump hitler of the century, so that means nothing at this point.

You gave justification for you stance and people that has that stance; however you forget for one you there is the opposite view.

@mhappy you say you don’t care about this because it doesn’t affect you. But when the story is some trans kids in America transitioning you have an opinion, despite it affecting you just as much as the Erdoğan situation.

Why not just be honest and say you simply don’t care, rather than making out you don’t care because it doesn’t affect you and because people should just leave having an opinion about Erdoğan to Turkish people?

Its fine not to care about this, but care about other specific issues, just be more honest about it. Your reasoning here doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

2 Likes

https://ahvalnews.com/media-freedom/climate-fear-journalists-turkey-atlantic

Yeah, really “democratic” tendencies. There is no difference between erdogan’s dictatorship and an isis run caliphate. Both are violent oppressive regimes.

You don’t care, because you like Erdogan and your Turkish mates like him and don’t care their fellow Turks who think differently are being intimidated and imprisoned.

And on the note of Gulen that radical imam you mentioned. Him and Erdogan used to be best buddies before Erdogan rose to power. Then Erdogan feared Gulen might challenge him for power in the future and that lead Gulen to flee the country.

At least read into the matter. You’re being dishonest and cynical about urgent matters. I present links and facts to you, all you do is brush it lightly off as not our business. It is our business to prevent facsist tyrants like Erdogan from destabilising the world and inciting violence against others.

_20190320_191759

7 Likes

You sir, have absolutely no fucking idea what you are talking about, whatsoever lol

3 Likes

Yeah they are different but they are both oppressive regimes and Erdogan’s mass incarceration is a subtle way of oppressing and there are the occasional force against minorities as well (Kurds. Which incidentally plays in ISIS favour).

That same trans ideology seeps into normal schools, psychology, police, politics, to the point teachers can help your kids transition behind your back without your consent.

Very different from Erdogan doing his rubbish in turkey. Not even close to the same relevance.

Again you clearly invested in this so of course it matters to you; and yes I did read the article and most of them didn’t go in to enough information.

And yes there is an election happening there so we will see what happens.

If you really don’t care @mhappy give it a fucking rest pal

1 Like

Yeah tell that to the people trying to make me care about Turkish politics.

When it comes to trans and children I have personal vested interest in it.

Is your child trans?

1 Like

I do think @Forever is taking it a bit far with the Erdogan hate.

He’s a power-hungry maniac that is willing to go as low as possible to cling to power, but he is hardly the only one.

Also, he is part of a large club of genocide deniers e.g. Serbian leaders, Orban, some of the Polish government. I mean the Japanese have barely owned up to the terrible shit they did in WWII, so Erdogan is hardly alone.

1 Like

Our actions, on behalf of all New Zealanders, are directed at making sure this never happens again.

Tightening gun laws a week after a mass shooting? What kind of backwards country is this?!

I do wonder how this attack has been received by the American right. I’m guessing “all the Muslims should have guns” probably isn’t their go to response on this occasion?

5 Likes

bUt tHe sEcOnD aMmEnDmeNT

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has said, or even implied, that he is the only bad leader of a country. This all stems from the Ozil thread, that’s why these two are beefing over it, I’m not sure it’s because Forever is blind to other authoritarian leaders.

1 Like

I think it just hampers his point a wee bit, and fires up mhappy even more,